Tank stand

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Ive been building furniture for 30 years and Ive also had a reef tank for years as well.. and I built this tank stand and hutch pictured here. I like the hutch to cover everything and the tank sits much higher than those being sold today. Then I had the thought of starting a business selling this stands in different styles to accommodate different style tanks that are on the market but where people might not like the simply designed stands. What do you guys think?
Resized_2.jpg

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I had a custom made wooden stand and I love it. Not sure how saturated the market or how the demand is near you but it's worth a shot in my opinion!

OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I had a custom made wooden stand and I love it. Not sure how saturated the market or how the demand is near you but it's worth a shot in my opinion!
I was actually thinking of going the route of online sales and shipping. With many different styles and sizes. One thing that has my attention is tying LED's into the design to trick it out. And alot of people like the rimless as well.. for me I like it up higher so im not leaning over to look at it. I have to get a step ladder to work on it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So Ive been building furniture for 30 years and Ive also had a reef tank for years as well.. and I built this tank stand and hutch pictured here. I like the hutch to cover everything and the tank sits much higher than those being sold today. Then I had the thought of starting a business selling this stands in different styles to accommodate different style tanks that are on the market but where people might not like the simply designed stands. What do you guys think?
Resized_2.jpg
Beautiful work !!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resized_2.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. GORGEOUS!!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Fresno:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back