*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Reflect on your most significant reefing achievement or milestone. Whether it's successfully keeping a challenging coral or achieving a stable and thriving reef, share the moment that made you most proud as a reefer.
Seeing me growth on previous receded tissue. Makes me think I'm doing something right. So right I tried an acro. Accidentally dragged it and it's thriving and growing. Makes me really proud!

grizzwald39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would use the auto feeder and lid for peace of mind when gone on work trips great giveaway from greta company. thanks guys hope i win

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: What's been your most expensive / heartbreaking fish loss due to jumping?
A small nurse shark from the lfs I worked at in college. I fed it the night before and ensure the tops were in place. Came in the next morning to find the poor thing on the floor.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you already own and use any Avast equipment? If so, what is your favorite and why? If not, is there anything at the top of your list?
I do not own any currently.... I really have always wanted a lid from you guys. Could never make it happen.

The plank is on my christmas list this year :) with high hopes. Tank sitter wouldnt be needed with one is good justification.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: What's been your most expensive / heartbreaking fish loss due to jumping?
2 incidents in my reefing career.... 1/2 of my clown fish pair after 5 years.... super sad.

and most recently a rehomed yellow coris who'd I had for 1 month. Left the lid off overnight for one random night and Banana made a break for the border...

RJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most heartbreaking loss: Had a Midas blenny pair they swam together and slept on the same rock on top of the tank. One jumped out from a small gap for the powerhead cord. What are the odds!!!

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you have any other friends on R2R that could benefit from this giveaway? Tag at least 1 friend here for your entry today... 2 tags get 2 entries. (Be sure to put each tag in it's own post so it'll count as a separate entry.)
Sure do!
@Blopple are you in on this yet?

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never lost a fish to jumping. One of the benefits of a deep tank, they'd rather dive. I did have one fish get out through the top though. Back in my college days, a right of passage to party in my house was to let the porcupine puffer "nibble" on your finger. Of course Puffer (his actual unoriginal name) didn't just "nibble", he CHOMPED! One guy yanked his hand out and Puffer went with it, flying across the room all puffed up like a mace ball. That was the last taste of human flesh I allowed him to have.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you have any other friends on R2R that could benefit from this giveaway? Tag at least 1 friend here for your entry today... 2 tags get 2 entries. (Be sure to put each tag in it's own post so it'll count as a separate entry.)
Hey @boacvh , interested?

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @7of9 might you be interested?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think everyone on Reef2Reef could benefit from this giveaway.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal this contest for you?

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Isaac Alves , interested? (long time no see/hear)

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.1%
Back