*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i took in a bunch of healthy and mature fish from a local hobbyist when i was first starting to have many tanks in my house. one of the bristlenose plecos he gave me jumped out the first night and i found him in the morning. not knowing what to do i threw him back in and he was alive later that day...until it got wedged between a rock and the heater and died :(
TANK TALK: What's been your most expensive / heartbreaking fish loss due to jumping?

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: What's been your most expensive / heartbreaking fish loss due to jumping?
Tongan Canary Blenny ((Meiacanthus tongaensis).

A hallway light got turned on in the middle of the night and, even though the tank was in an adjacent room, the flash must've startled it so much that it shot straight up out of the water. Found it on the floor the next morning.

I've been a Lidder ever since.

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: What’s the furthest you’ve travelled for a reef related experience or acquisition?
160 miles (2.5 hrs) for a reef club meeting.

Also same distance for occasional visits to NELFSs (Not-Exactly-Local-Fish-Stores ... I live in a bit of a reefkeeper no man's land).

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you have any other friends on R2R that could benefit from this giveaway? Tag at least 1 friend here for your entry today... 2 tags get 2 entries. (Be sure to put each tag in it's own post so it'll count as a separate entry.)

I don't have any friends on R2R but I have been following @Daniel@R2R to help with my planning on the new tank.

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you have any other friends on R2R that could benefit from this giveaway? Tag at least 1 friend here for your entry today... 2 tags get 2 entries. (Be sure to put each tag in it's own post so it'll count as a separate entry.)

No friends on R2R yet, so @Avast Justin, want to be my friend or anyone else? :)

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that i do! @HeatherCage could I bet!

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
annnnnd i bet @Thuan wouldn't mind an auto-feeder and custom lid!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CasperOe probably could use as I believe he’s been adding to his tank collection

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: What’s the furthest you’ve travelled for a reef related experience or acquisition?
Even though I live in Southern California, it took me 4 hours to drive to RAP in Anaheim last year on a Friday afternoon. Needless to say, I drove over in the early morning this year on Friday and got early check-in at hotel at 12:30pm! Went to the bar, had a beer and watched all the vendors arriving- lesson learned!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you already own and use any Avast equipment? If so, what is your favorite and why? If not, is there anything at the top of your list?
I don’t own any and that’s why I entered contest. I really need an auto feeder and would love to try the Reef Jerky

Reef_Freak720

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry: My dad will be starting his tank back up this Christmas, after I give him a ton of new equipment! It's a Biocube 29 with the top lid and top frame removed. when he had it running he had this ugly diy lid that was basically just acrylic with holes cut into it. It would warp all the time. I'd love to win a new custom lid for his tank!

I love this site. So giving!

mww00ds

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a really cool Sleeper Blue Dot Goby, that my wife was in love with and checked on everyday. He jumped out of a small gap in the lid near some piping. He had to jump while we where on vaction out of state and her friend was checking on the tanks and out cat. She's the one who found him all dried up on carpet and let us know. My wife was supper bummed out.

mww00ds

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be everyone I could think of is already here LOL

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would be everyone I could think of is already here LOL

tommy-chong.gif

Reef_Freak720

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it was the loss of the first clownfish I raised from an egg, Omen. He was the lone survivor and carpet surfed after about 3 years when I forgot to replace the lid one day on lunch :<
Screenshot_20231127_184316_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any friends on R2R but I have been following @Daniel@R2R to help with my planning on the new tank.
We're all friends here. We might not always agree but we still have reefing in common, so....

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back