*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you already own and use any Avast equipment? If so, what is your favorite and why? If not, is there anything at the top of your list?
I don't have any avast gear, but the skimmate locker is at the top of my list.

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you have any other friends on R2R that could benefit from this giveaway? Tag at least 1 friend here for your entry today... 2 tags get 2 entries. (Be sure to put each tag in it's own post so it'll count as a separate entry.)
@blaxsun I think you mentioned you dont have a lid

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you have any other friends on R2R that could benefit from this giveaway? Tag at least 1 friend here for your entry today... 2 tags get 2 entries. (Be sure to put each tag in it's own post so it'll count as a separate entry.)

@Turtilinni This lid would cool or the feeder for your tank!

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too funny, I've been tinkering with some ideas for the very same thing. I could describe it verbally but I think if I drew it up it would make more sense. I'll get to it.
I need to figure out something like this for curved acrylic. I have a 36" diameter cylinder tank that's getting ready for water, but I don't want to start it up as a reef tank until I have an easy and reliable cleaning plan in place. And that plan doesn't include hand scraping coralline and that green plaque algae that's even worse to get off.
I got to thinking about this last night and thought of an easier solution. Thinking outside the box, who said the mag scrappers have to be rigid? I had ordered a diatomaceous earth powder puffer thingy and was squeezing the bulb when it hit me. Why not make it out of silicone? With the right thickness (and alternating magnets like my first example), it could retain enough rigidity yet have enough flex to conform to the radius. (Maybe even have some "leaf spring" style radial arms molded into it.) Now that's something I would buy (and I DIY almost everything).

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have any friends on here....yet!
However i draw inspiration from this members build so @blaxsun those wrasse could do with a feeder!

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Official entry
An automatic feeder would definitely help, I'm up to 3 SW tanks so any and all automations are welcome!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: What's been your most expensive / heartbreaking fish loss due to jumping?
This guy, he never made it out of quarantine. I put an auto feeder on and had the slightest hole and he found it.

20220704_184104.jpg 20220704_184236.jpg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you already own and use any Avast equipment? If so, what is your favorite and why? If not, is there anything at the top of your list?
I don't yet. I have been looking at the ATO and Ozone. I have a few more tanks now so another ATO is in the future.

I have been thinking of giving Ozone a try for awhile, just haven't made that final decision yet.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rmorris_14 you are talking about a lid, here might be a free one.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i sure bet it could, what do i need to do?
Post 1 has the info!
AVAST PLANK Top Lids Giveaway contest 4.jpg

Avast Marine and Top Lids are teaming up to bring you an awesome and fun giveaway with a bit of a different spin!! Welcome to the "Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!!" Both Avast Marine and Top Lids have established themselves with a reputation for quality and innovation that leads to epic excellence! We're proud to have both of these great companies as sponsors of our community, and super excited about seeing them come together for this event!

Now, I said this giveaway has a bit of a different spin to it, and here's what I mean... One of the things we love about having a community like Reef2Reef is that we can come together over our passion for all things marine and celebrate the wonderful parts of the reef hobby, we enjoy showing off tanks, talking through complications, finding solutions, and celebrating progress toward those thriving beautiful reef aquariums, and we do all of that together in community! Well, in this event, you guys are going to get to talk through all of these different aspects of the hobby with the guys behind these 2 awesome brands.

Each day, you will be given a discussion prompt (or sometimes maybe more than one), and your response to that prompt is your entry to the giveaway! It really is that simple! Engaging in conversation about reefing topics with @Avast Justin and @Top_Lids is how you participate and WIN in this contest!!

The grand prize for this giveaway is a Plank Autofeeder and a large bag of Reef Jerky (feeds an average size tank for 5-6 months) from Avast Marine and a custom Luxury Lid from Top Lids w/ Food Regulator!

Also, in addition to that grand prize, the great folks at Avast Marine and Top Lids have said that they will be monitoring the giveaway with the plan to award bonus prizes to people they see who are completely engaged with the contest and the ongoing conversations in here! So keep your participation up, and you could win cool bonus prizes!

Ready to get started? Here ya go!

HOW TO ENTER

OFFICIAL ENTRY (Required):
Make a post in this thread telling us about your tank and how you would use this prize if you win!

DAILY ENTRY OPPORTUNITIES: Here's how to get additional entries each day... Each day, one (or both) of the contest sponsors will post a discussion prompt. You get an entry to the contest by interacting with that prompt! (If there are multiple prompts, then multiple entries are possible for that day). Also, be sure to make ONE post in THIS thread for each entry. (Combined entries in a single post only counts as one entry.)

The goal is to keep the conversation going, learn and enjoy community, and win great prizes!!

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. Our partner member drive is currently open! Get more info HERE!!

THE PRIZE

Plank Autofeeder from Avast Marine + a large bag of Reef Jerky (feeds an average size tank for 5-6 months)

Feedercompletev3.3 copy.jpg
bags_be9014d3-c537-45cf-8938-b00a00480c7a copy.jpg

- 1 completely custom
Luxury Lid from Top Lids (max size of 72" x 26") + 1 Food Regulator with your choice of color

20230320_125059 (1).jpg

THE DRAWING

Entries will be accepted through December 22, 2023. We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner will be announced by Avast Marine and Top Lids in a special live stream on December 23rd. So be sure to join in for that drawing! (We will also tage the winner in this thread.)

Thanks again to Avast Marine and Top Lids for this awesome giveaway!

#r2rgiveaway
Official Entry is to post how you would use the lid or feeder on your tank if you win. Make that post and then keep an eye out for posts from @Top_Lids and @Avast Justin for bonus entry questions to answer.

Good luck!

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back