*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OFFICIAL ENTRY: My tank is 145 gallon tank. Just got it cycling, I plan to have about 4 wrasse in there so a Lid would be amazing. I have tried to DIY lids and they suck.

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: IM Nuvo 20 AIO mixed reef. Currently battling algae but it's getting better! Being able to provide some stability to my dry food feedings would be highly beneficial. I've actually already got the Plank on my wishlist so I'd love to win of course! The lid would definitely be a nice addition as well, the IM mesh lid is fine but having feeding ports for frozen would be excellent!

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you have any other friends on R2R that could benefit from this giveaway? Tag at least 1 friend here for your entry today... 2 tags get 2 entries. (Be sure to put each tag in it's own post so it'll count as a separate entry.)
I saw them in here and I assume @sadrobotz will count simply due to our being built in the same factory.

Gman83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TANK TALK: What's been your most expensive / heartbreaking fish loss due to jumping?
My midas blenny. It has such a great personality. Our tank is off our kitchen, and I had only been out of the room 15-20 minutes, so it must have happened shortly after I left because she seemed pretty dry

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
TANK TALK: What's been your most expensive / heartbreaking fish loss due to jumping?
I've kept lids on all my tanks, but I did not keep something separate over the overflow which is the closet I came to loosing a fish to jumping.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: Do you have any other friends on R2R that could benefit from this giveaway? Tag at least 1 friend here for your entry today... 2 tags get 2 entries. (Be sure to put each tag in it's own post so it'll count as a separate entry.)
@F i s h y but he won't say he wants a lid.

@rmorris_14 for sure considering a lid right now

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: OMG I rarely enter giveaways due to not needing the offer and want it to go to someone that can use it. But man, I could REALLY use a custom lid for my 80 rimless tank that has a curved overflow in the back corner. I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out a way I could make one myself that will work. Please oh please would it be nice to have a custom one made and spare everyone having to listen to my concoctions of doing it myself
I Hope Please GIF

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not expensive, I lost one of the first fish I ever had. I was diligent about keeping the lid on my tank; however, I had to go on a week-long business trip and asked my brother to feed my fish while I was gone. He didn’t notice that my little yellow watchman gobie had jumped while he had the lid off.

I came home and the tank seemed fine, yet when I went to feed the tank and did my offering at his cave, only his buddy the pistol shrimp came out. I knew instantly something was wrong, looked all over and then looked on carpet behind tank and there he was, long gone. Didn’t have the heart to replace him and gave the pistol shrimp to LFS so he would have a proper home with a new buddy some day.

Fast forward 3 years and I finally have a tank again- you can be assured I will have a high-quality lid and an auto-feeder so I don’t depend on others.

Nick711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Luckily no losses, but the first day my yellow coris wrasse was introduced, he made sure to test out my lid!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TODAY'S TANK TALK PROMPT: Tell us about your favorite public aquarium exhibit. What did you learn from seeing it?
Monterey Bay Aquarium. I have visited more than a dozen times and I could sit and watch those jellyfish all day long. I didn’t realize until recently that they breed jellyfish there to better understand their lifecycle. Another favorite is a cylindrical tank with sardines- thousands of silver bullets swimming past you.

Attachments

• IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 22

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TODAY'S TANK TALK PROMPT: Happy Thanksgiving! Share one thing (or person) you're thankful for in this reef hobby!
I am thankful for Ryan Bachelor at BRS, who was the main reason I believed I could do something as hard as a mixed-reef saltwater tank. Who introduced me to other thought leaders so I continually increase my knowledge and have a literal database of videos to reference for anything involving this hobby or should I say passion!

dangles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Official entry!

I’m nearing completion of a 120 gallon tank from Planet Aquariums with a 40 gallon sump. The theme for my tank is OVERKILL! At least for the controller board! Check out my tank thread in my profile for the details but let’s just say it’s a bit EXTRA as the kids say!

I already have a Plank auto feeder for it but I’m planning to eventually add a second!

Question… The contest is 8 days in, but I’m just now entering. Am I able to revisit the daily prompts and respond for an entry even though those days are already passed?

ctenophore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry!

I’m nearing completion of a 120 gallon tank from Planet Aquariums with a 40 gallon sump. The theme for my tank is OVERKILL! At least for the controller board! Check out my tank thread in my profile for the details but let’s just say it’s a bit EXTRA as the kids say!

I already have a Plank auto feeder for it but I’m planning to eventually add a second!

Question… The contest is 8 days in, but I’m just now entering. Am I able to revisit the daily prompts and respond for an entry even though those days are already passed?
Yes, of course- It’s always a good time to talk about your tank!

dangles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)

I love my purple fire fish!

dangles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let's kick this off!!

TANK TALK PROMPT #1: What's your favorite fish among these jumper fish: wrasse, gobies, firefish, hawkfish, snails? Post your reply for your entry!

BONUS PROMPT: Post a picture of one of these in your tank! (Be sure to post it in a separate post)

IMG_6204.jpeg

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 13 16.3%
Back