*** Tank Talk with Top Lids & Avast Marine Giveaway!! WIN a Plank Autofeeder and Custom Lid for Your Tank!! ***

RJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank talk: Fish and corals can tell us what's wrong. So fish won't just disappear and corals won't stn or lose tentacles while others in the tank are flourishing. But in the real world a reliable automatic water changer will work.

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: If you could make one thing easier in this hobby, what would you choose?

At the moment since I don't have a tank set up yet and not sure of how difficult it will be, I know it has been difficult planning and deciding for the build. At times I felt overwhelmed doing this all alone and sometimes I wished for just someone to tell me what to do to make it easier.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank talk: Fish and corals can tell us what's wrong. So fish won't just disappear and corals won't stn or lose tentacles while others in the tank are flourishing. But in the real world a reliable automatic water changer will work.
I converse with my fish all the time.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To be able to ask myself my own questions to be able to win big prizes!:cool:
Hey, you were asking for a Tank Talk topic for the day, I was just trying to help out... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Gman83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BONUS TANK TALK: Our hobby can be very technically challenging for many. How do you approach the technical side of the hobby? Is it something to be feared or reveled in?
I think reveled in. I try to read up on what ever technical issue I'm having, and how to avoid/fix it. Often helps me down the the road with other issues.

Gman83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TANK TALK: What equipment on a stock aquarium system is necessary to upgrade for fish and corals to thrive? Weigh in on your thoughts below for your entry today.
Lights, filtration, lids. As you progress in the hobby and your knowledge expands, you realize how much better these thing could be, or how to optimize them.

Firemanceej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK TALK: What equipment on a stock aquarium system is necessary to upgrade for fish and corals to thrive? Weigh in on your thoughts below for your entry today.
Definitely lights is one of the most necessary things if you want your corals to thrive. Buying a good light from the beginning will result in better growth and more success.

Firemanceej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BONUS TANK TALK: Our hobby can be very technically challenging for many. How do you approach the technical side of the hobby? Is it something to be feared or reveled in?
I feared the technical aspect of it in the beginning but I took on the challenge and its become so easy. I try not to chase numbers and focus on how I can fix the problem and not let things occur again.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefer Reboot you should do a TANK TALK topic today!
Okay, I'm game. I was reading another post regarding setting up a UV with two pumps, selecting through valves whether to run it at high flow or low. Would it not be possible (or beneficial) to run the UV with a dedicated programmable flow adjustable pump, running high flow during the daylight hours for algae control and low flow at night for protozoans when they are more active? Let's hear your thoughts.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okay, I'm game. I was reading another post regarding setting up a UV with two pumps, selecting through valves whether to run it at high flow or low. Would it not be possible (or beneficial) to run the UV with a dedicated programmable flow adjustable pump, running high flow during the daylight hours for algae control and low flow at night for protozoans when they are more active? Let's hear your thoughts.
I like it! I wonder if you could do a scientific research study on this? I bet you could get some sponsors to provide the equipment?

Set up 4 aquariums - 1 control with no UV, 1 with a steady always on flow, 1 with an adjustable flow slowed down for night hours, and 1 slowed down for daylight hours?

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see it now Smart Valves that close an open and connect your to your controller. This would be a good experiment though!

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back