Tank tear down

  • Thread starter Thread starter audi772
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

audi772

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I've been battling dinos now for a few months now and have finally decided to tear my tank down and start it over. Tank will be getting a vinegar scrub along with skimmer and return pump. All new live rock and dry rock. New sand and a new sump setup. So while I'm setting up and cycling the tank again I will have everything in a Rubbermaid bin. My main question is this, my corals are also covered in dinos, so once I transfer them back to the tank once it is cycled will they just seed the new tank with dinos since it is on them? What can I do to make sure the new tank won't get it from anything? Thanks guys
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new