Tank transfer

  • Thread starter Thread starter fxblitz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fxblitz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Highlands Ranch
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - New here.

I am hoping for some input on my scenario. I currently have a Red Sea XXL 625. It has a bubble in the bottom seam of the tank. They are sending me one of the new G2 tanks and I will be transferring my current livestock into it. I reached out to a couple of companies to assist with this transition. I just got a quote back and they are estimating ~$3500 to do the job.

This does NOT include removing the old tank, or building the new stand.

Am I out of my mind for thinking this is completely outlandish?

*Note* For those wondering this is my second XXL 625 with the first having the same issue. Happy to chat about those experiences as well.
 
Hi all - New here.

I am hoping for some input on my scenario. I currently have a Red Sea XXL 625. It has a bubble in the bottom seam of the tank. They are sending me one of the new G2 tanks and I will be transferring my current livestock into it. I reached out to a couple of companies to assist with this transition. I just got a quote back and they are estimating ~$3500 to do the job.

This does NOT include removing the old tank, or building the new stand.

Am I out of my mind for thinking this is completely outlandish?

*Note* For those wondering this is my second XXL 625 with the first having the same issue. Happy to chat about those experiences as well.
This is outlandish (to me) in our area. they should break down the time for each 'item' and charge you for that as compared to a blanket price. (the fish store). From personal experience - tear down of 210 gallon Reefer 750 - with removal of tank, etc (I drained it) - $700.

Removing a 525 XXL - including some live rock - $0.
 
This is outlandish (to me) in our area. they should break down the time for each 'item' and charge you for that as compared to a blanket price. (the fish store). From personal experience - tear down of 210 gallon Reefer 750 - with removal of tank, etc (I drained it) - $700.

Removing a 525 XXL - including some live rock - $0.
Thanks so much. I was thinking the same. It's been tough to find companies here that are willing to do it. I have done it once already basically on my own. Trying to avoid that if I can.
 
Thanks so much. I was thinking the same. It's been tough to find companies here that are willing to do it. I have done it once already basically on my own. Trying to avoid that if I can.
PS in my case, they keep the live rock (so that was a fee)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new