Tank upgrade help !

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to upgrade tank size just cause the bigger the better. I’m running a fluval evo13.5 now and thinking of going to 45g or bigger tank and stand preferably but can DIY my own stand. Looking to spend around 1k on a AIO tank or a tank and sump both I just need ideas. The JBJ 45 was something I was definitely considering with being tank and stand around 950$ after tax and shipping seems pretty hard to beat.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a SCA 50g cube?
I looked at them. At 200$ or so more with the JBJ 45 I get to have the stand. And 5 less gallons isn’t huge. Plus I will need to spend money on pumps and sump and what ever else. Not that I wouldn’t do that anyways. I can’t figure out if I want to do a AIO or not..

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to upgrade tank size just cause the bigger the better. I’m running a fluval evo13.5 now and thinking of going to 45g or bigger tank and stand preferably but can DIY my own stand. Looking to spend around 1k on a AIO tank or a tank and sump both I just need ideas. The JBJ 45 was something I was definitely considering with being tank and stand around 950$ after tax and shipping seems pretty hard to beat.
Have you looked at used setups? Many people upgrading their setups or leaving hobby. You can pick up a relatively newer aquarium, stand, and ancillaries for pennies on the dollar.

Bought 2 year old setup for $.50 on the dollar:

C2352826-5B22-45AB-A348-CA97206D6211.jpeg

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked at used setups? Many people upgrading their setups or leaving hobby. You can pick up a relatively newer aquarium, stand, and ancillaries for pennies on the dollar.

Bought 2 year old setup for $.50 on the dollar:

I haven’t really looked to be honest. I probably should. But no a whole lot out there around me in the Texas DFW area

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t really looked to be honest. I probably should. But no a whole lot out there around me in the Texas DFW area
Start looking and learning. Many local people lost everything in their aquarium with the Texas power outages this winter And have decided not to restart. Their systems are up for sale. Check your local aquarium reef sites and Craigslist.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back