Tankmate in a Fluval Evo

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at adding a 3rd fish in our fluval evo. We currently have a wheeler's shrimp goby with candy cane pistol, a royal gramma, a skunk cleaner shrimp, and a pair of sexy shrimp, plus some snails and hermits. How do you feel a possum wrasse would do in here? Mixed reef with LPS, SPS, zoas, shrooms, clove polyps, and a gorgonian.

How do you think the possum wrasse would do?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume that's the 13.5 gallon EVO. Goby is fairly sedate and is just fine. The royal gramma is good, too (even though a bigger tank is recommend for the basslet, my royal gramma was not very active). I have the opposite concern for the wrasse. I had a similar size/personality pink streaked wrasse and while the tank recommendation was 10-15 gallons that fish was extremely active and I would've felt bad in anything less than my 35 gallon.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at adding a 3rd fish in our fluval evo. We currently have a wheeler's shrimp goby with candy cane pistol, a royal gramma, a skunk cleaner shrimp, and a pair of sexy shrimp, plus some snails and hermits. How do you feel a possum wrasse would do in here? Mixed reef with LPS, SPS, zoas, shrooms, clove polyps, and a gorgonian.

How do you think the possum wrasse would do?
I tried an ornate spotted wrasse in my evo and unfortunately didn’t make it. It’s advised to stay away from wrasses in small tanks. Wish I would have researched instead of impulse buy before I brought her home to her death.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However, I like this guys videos and he’s saying 10+ gallons is fine for the little fella. Good luck!!!

Back