Tankmatez bubble trap...anyone ordered from them?

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked like a good way to catch a coral eating sailfin tang. Ordered at 0 dark 30Tuesday morning, no confirmation email. Emailed them Thursday, no response, contacted their chat this morning (card charged Tuesday) and they now want a $20 rush fee to ship something I ordered 5 days ago...it was in stock. Is this normal for them? If I had known, I would’ve ordered a trap from Marine Depot (BRS was out of stock). If this is the wrong forum, please move. Thanks!

AlexProx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the wrong size trap for my tank. He had me send back the magnet and replaced it with a stronger one so it would work on my tank. It took a little while and I feel like I had to send some reminder emails but eventually it got done.

AlexProx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it in my tank for a few days without trying to trap anything. My Yellow Tang will swim into it try and flash at the mirror inside of it. The fairy wrasses and flame hawk have no interest in it yet. Haven't used the food 'bait' for the trap yet but hopefully I can get everything out.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had it in my tank for a few days without trying to trap anything. My Yellow Tang will swim into it try and flash at the mirror inside of it. The fairy wrasses and flame hawk have no interest in it yet. Haven't used the food 'bait' for the trap yet but hopefully I can get everything out.
Film it let's see it in action

OP
OP
ShepherdTech

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did receive it, but the magnet isn’t strong enough to hold it to the glass and it floats away. I emailed them December 4th letting them know I received a trap with the wrong magnet (paid extra $20for a magnet that holds on 1/2” glass), but like the email I sent when the unit wasn’t shipped a week after purchasing the “in stock” trap, I haven’t received a response. Also contacted via their web chat on December 3rd.

AlexProx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did receive it, but the magnet isn’t strong enough to hold it to the glass and it floats away. I emailed them December 4th letting them know I received a trap with the wrong magnet (paid extra $20for a magnet that holds on 1/2” glass), but like the email I sent when the unit wasn’t shipped a week after purchasing the “in stock” trap, I haven’t received a response. Also contacted via their web chat on December 3rd.
This was the same thing that happened to me, the magnet couldn't hold it. It took maybe a week or two get actually end up with the replacement handle but he eventually got me one.

OP
OP
ShepherdTech

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Owner just called and told me he would take care of it. Looks like they just have an inconsistent magnet supplier, some are weak and will start testing all units holding strength before they go out.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 1 on 11-24. Said it was priority mail shipping which is 2-3 days max. Will post back on wed 11-27. The design looks cool hope it works or now ships.
Update. Have called twice. Said they were busy and would get it out. Asked them to just refund. Said ok. 1 week later no response. Called credit card company and requested cancelation. Borrowed a trap and dont need it anymore. Poor customer service. Would never purchase from them again. Liked the idea though. Will update once it is finalized.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Have called twice. Said they were busy and would get it out. Asked them to just refund. Said ok. 1 week later no response. Called credit card company and requested cancelation. Borrowed a trap and dont need it anymore. Poor customer service. Would never purchase from them again. Liked the idea though. Will update once it is finalized.
Just got a text. You never got your bubbletrap? What a joke. Credit card company refunded my money. Beware before you order.

gparkford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine arrived damaged (the mirror detached and shattered in transit). I chatted them and they said they would send a replacement right away... That was a month ago. Since then , they do not reply to any correspondence. I would NOT recommend buying from them (direct) at all. Maybe they went out of business and didn't take the site down?

Aquageek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had a bad experience with Tankmatez. I ordered the 39.99 model on 1/8/2021. At that time, the company (unbeknownst to me) was shipping various prototypes, not a definitive mass-produced product. Arrived with no instructions. Once I set it up, it leaked like the proverbial sieve--onto a hardwood floor. Contacted the company. Have to say I have never (in 25 years of reefing and ordering products) encountered anything like this. After some wrangling, they agreed to send a "free" replacement for which I got billed $25.00+ for "shipping" fees (Note: The web site now says that orders ship "free" via UPS). It also arrived without instructions and didn't work. The opening was far too wide to keep the bait inside--even with all the tank pumps off. Long story short: I got my money back, but it was a tedious month-long process during which I had to go public on FB and debate the ownership. It's a good idea for a trap, I think, but in my opinion, the design is not yet perfected and the company has a lot to learn about customer service. Perhaps both the product and overall corporate culture will improve with time.

ReefDonkey84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked like a good way to catch a coral eating sailfin tang. Ordered at 0 dark 30Tuesday morning, no confirmation email. Emailed them Thursday, no response, contacted their chat this morning (card charged Tuesday) and they now want a $20 rush fee to ship something I ordered 5 days ago...it was in stock. Is this normal for them? If I had known, I would’ve ordered a trap from Marine Depot (BRS was out of stock). If this is the wrong forum, please move. Thanks!
i ordered the bubble trap and soon as i opened it and looked at it i decided to return it because of the cheap quality, i contacted them and told them its not what i expected and i would like to return it, the guy Art told me to quit acting like a girl and text message "nick" so i did and nick told me to keep the item and he would issue a refund, now a month later no refund so i contacted nick again and said i have not received my refund, and he says i have not received the trap???? this place is ridiculous and the traps are very poor quality

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back