Tanks size and cooler

mwar15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new and researching tanks. I’m looking at a 8-20G.

what size tank do you need to not need a cooler? I understand there are many variables, but in general.
thanks

keatonmjenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think needing a chiller will depend on where you live and how hot you keep your house.
Might think about going a little larger because those mini tanks have fast swings in parameters.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s would depend on the type of fish you plan to keep , the lighting and ambient temperature where you keep the tank etc. . If you keep cold water fish but your ambient temperature where the tank is is say 80 degrees and your running metal halide lights then yes you would need a chiller but if you keep tropical fish and you keep the ambient temp where you keep them at 76 degrees with LED lights with good air circulation , then no. Best thing is to set up the tank with the lights your going to use and monitor it while it’s cycling and make your decision on inhabitants based on that or make adjustments such as possibly a chiller .

OP
OP
M

mwar15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think needing a chiller will depend on where you live and how hot you keep your house.
Might think about going a little larger because those mini tanks have fast swings in parameters.
I’m leaning more to the 10g+ to help with that

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back