OP
OP
David29price

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have another update now that things are coming a long a little quicker. Here is an updated photo of the basement with filter room in the back. The next steps are painting this weekend, installing the can lights and then I can get started on the flooring.

IMG_0972.jpg

OP
OP
David29price

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next update is another accomplishment at the same time. Last night we finished installing the bracing for the floor to support the weight where the aquarium will go. An architect/engineer said all we had to do was double the 2"x10" beams under the floor but we decided to overengineer it for safety purposes and longevity and used LVL beams. There are 4 total, 2 on each side of where the aquarium stand will sit. I've highlighted where the beams are to make it easy to find. The beams sit on the concrete block foundation on one side and on the other side they rest on a steal I-Beam which spans the house.

Floor Support Markup.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

OP
OP
David29price

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got two 75 gallon containers for RO/DI water and yesterday I ordered all the plumbing parts I need to put it all together.

It’s a tight fit but fits exactly as planned. I just need to get them cleaned up and build a stand to raise them up a little.

Everything was painted today so I’ll get an updated wall pic up soon. This week I hope to do the flooring in the filter room, finish the ceiling, lighting and electrical.

4EBABE50-6144-4C73-B59C-89DE35836D25.jpeg

OP
OP
David29price

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the brand new Oceans Motions bulkheads today! These babies eliminate the need for 4 holes on a 4-Way and instead route all the water through a single hole!!!

2nd picture with A-1 bottle for scale. They are massive!

3D3B7620-94FA-4D8A-BACA-A2BDCC491A98.jpeg

7F7CDF51-17F1-4084-9161-B782222D30C9.jpeg

OP
OP
David29price

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we have an update here for you. The tank is done and the stand is done. The sump should be finished by end of month if all goes well and I'll be getting the tank first week of October. Here is a picture of the finished stand! Finalizing the basement/filter room this week so I'll have some more pictures in the next week for ya'll, minus furniture in the basement. Still have to finish the "hidden room" bookcases for the filter room, but I can live with a large doorway for a while.

Finished Tank.jpg

OP
OP
David29price

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is coming this week! Lots of activity going on. This weekend the hole in the wall where the aquarium will go was enlarged and a new header put in. Electrical changes are going on and starting to piece together the filter room.

Office Header Installed.jpg

OP
OP
David29price

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to go with Orphek LED's for my lighting solution. I was torn between Kessil and Ecotech as contenders. I selected Orphek mainly in part due to the overwhelming good review BRS gave them. They do offer special lenses for deeper tanks so I ended up ordering directly from them as this is a custom solution and currently not an option if purchased via BRS. The lenses I got are referred to as "90D Lenses" and other changes need to be made to the acrylic to accommodate the change.

I ended up ordering 4 units which are basically the same thing as the Atlantik V4 units, but with the Lens change. Orphek recommended 4 units for an SPS dominant tank so that is what I went with, as well as the gateway.

Lights shipped yesterday, so I should have these within a week!

Orphek.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back