TDO and Eheim Autofeeder?

Reef Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon,

I am wondering how I can make TDO pellets sink with an Eheim Everday fish feeder. The problem is the pellets wont sink and they just float straight into the weir on my AIO. When I manually feed I soak them in tank water first then feed with baster so they sink and fish get them.

Going on a vacation soon and while I have a tank sitter and a backup plan. I would like to get this working as well.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not. I do have the IM Defroster pro that can double as a feed ring I suppose
I don’t know how wide of an opening that has but it’s worth a shot. I used to use the IM floating feeding rings and while the pellets didn’t sink right away they stayed within the ring and the fish would pick at them and some would eventually drop.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Eheim Feeding Station is your answer.
yep. i use one with tdo. works perfectly

OP
OP
Reef Wizard

Reef Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you! This feeding station is it mountable with a netted lid? Id hate for a flying fish while I was away.

Jody Owens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I am using a feeding ring in mine, but find that the food will still sometimes just sit in the ring. Have you every experienced this? I am wondering if I am just unlucky with my two tanks or if it is common.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a feeding ring in mine, but find that the food will still sometimes just sit in the ring. Have you every experienced this? I am wondering if I am just unlucky with my two tanks or if it is common.
It will eventually sink, just leave it be. Some of my fish have learned to swim up to the food that is just sitting up there and they eat it and knock it down/make it sink.

Jody Owens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It will eventually sink, just leave it be. Some of my fish have learned to swim up to the food that is just sitting up there and they eat it and knock it down/make it sink.
Okay, I am using small pellets so I wasn't sure if they did or not. I guess it is just wanting to see it happen instantly.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back