OP
OP
leighla wolf

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do these two foods compare to the pellet version of Formula 1&2 from Ocean Nutrition?
So I did some research on the TDO. Basically, they utilize a special algae that has a red carotein center. It’s basically like us eating carrots and turning orange because it’s dense and intensified and packed into pellets form. Its not harmful, it’s just a different form of algae. :) overall, the majority of pellets will have nutrients. Clowns seem to favor TDO and I’ve noticed a lot of people’s clowns start spawning after using this brand which leaves me to believe it’s definitely got the necessary nutrients because spawning requires exertion of energy. :) I know a pretty cheap brand a lot of people like us NLS (new life spectrum) due to all the vitamins it adds but the pellets are sill too big for my clowns.

OP
OP
leighla wolf

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did some research on the TDO. Basically, they utilize a special algae that has a red carotein center. It’s basically like us eating carrots and turning orange because it’s dense and intensified and packed into pellets form. Its not harmful, it’s just a different form of algae. :) overall, the majority of pellets will have nutrients. Clowns seem to favor TDO and I’ve noticed a lot of people’s clowns start spawning after using this brand which leaves me to believe it’s definitely got the necessary nutrients because spawning requires exertion of energy. :) I know a pretty cheap brand a lot of people like us NLS (new life spectrum) due to all the vitamins it adds but the pellets are sill too big for my clowns.

Also, bonus is some people claim it “colored up their corals”. I cannot confirm or deny that statement as I only feed corals reef roids in a SUPER THICK paste

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed frozen PE calanus aslo good for color.
Thread needs more pictures
1C2D3431-23BD-43C6-8985-CAD7B8499B13.jpeg
F902AD11-B6F7-45AE-9DD5-53921CB95C5E.jpeg

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell ya my orchid dotty back is such a deep purple it’s electric and even though they are black I swear since giving them tdo opposite the LRS they have such an amazing deep black. The white on there stripe is Snow White too. Last year at this time they where black but not like they are now not grey but...It’s hard to explain. even the fire fish fins have such a nice range of orange to red to super deep red all of the fish have amazing coloration but most noticeable with the clown and orchid. Totally blame TDO

1530C578-CD07-4591-9B78-BDFC5D939F0E.png

OP
OP
leighla wolf

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell ya my orchid dotty back is such a deep purple it’s electric and even though they are black I swear since giving them tdo opposite the LRS they have such an amazing deep black. The white on there stripe is Snow White too. Last year at this time they where black but not like they are now not grey but...It’s hard to explain. even the fire fish fins have such a nice range of orange to red to super deep red all of the fish have amazing coloration but most noticeable with the clown and orchid. Totally blame TDO

1530C578-CD07-4591-9B78-BDFC5D939F0E.png
It’s late here so my lights are dim but when it comes on tomorrow I’ll snap a picture of my clowns. The ocellaris has this deep gradient orange now and my blacker ice is similar! I know exactly what you mean by their darker colors and whites becoming me defined!

OP
OP
leighla wolf

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So I found this and thought it was a great simple read for an explanation as to how and why food affects coloring! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back