Teach me the basics

Stop fiddling with your tank and stay patient. Be aware of unattended consequent when deciding to change something in your tank
Whoa, that is a big one... unintended consequences. I have been putting off adding a protein skimmer that I was sure I needed for 4 weeks now.

If it ain't broke...
 
Read the book, The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner. This is a must-read!
 
Great information in the series for sure!

While I do not watch BRS videos, folks should be cautioned that not everything on the BRS web site is accurate. Whether that also translates into their videos, I do not know, but just be warned to double check with knowledgeable folks about whether something they claim is actually true.
 
While I do not watch BRS videos, folks should be cautioned that not everything on the BRS web site is accurate. Whether that also translates into their videos, I do not know, but just be warned to double check with knowledgeable folks about whether something they claim is actually true.
Absolutely agree with you I'll look for facts in everything unlike the kids these days that believe TikTok is the truth hahahaha
 
While I do not watch BRS videos, folks should be cautioned that not everything on the BRS web site is accurate. Whether that also translates into their videos, I do not know, but just be warned to double check with knowledgeable folks about whether something they claim is actually true.
I have watched some. They are generally informative, but not bullet proof (nothing is) and definitely fringe science at best. I think they are good folks trying to run a business, but at the end of the day there are sooooooo many variables.

As a scientist, my favorite thing to say is, "I don't know." It is a stance that is easy to defend, and believable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new