Teaming with life

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jasongtr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jasongtr

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2022
Messages
623
Reaction score
340
Location
Uk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came downstairs and put a torch off my phone on the tank, it's amazing the amount of critters in and around the rocks and substrate, hopefully they are all good guys, didn't see any worms but the 'bugs' were all over the place, some a bit bigger than copepods and some were 1cm almost I'd say.

Quite a different viewing experience from the usual lights on one.

Tank is 19 months old now
 
Seems so, loved seeing the additional life in there
I love night viewing with a flashlight, it seems you always find something new and interesting.
 
Just came downstairs and put a torch off my phone on the tank, it's amazing the amount of critters in and around the rocks and substrate, hopefully they are all good guys, didn't see any worms but the 'bugs' were all over the place, some a bit bigger than copepods and some were 1cm almost I'd say.

Quite a different viewing experience from the usual lights on one.

Tank is 19 months old now
Well, there may be a few things ya don't like in there, but that's the way of things. My first instinct with my next tank was to go with dry rock (cured bigtime), but then I considered the balance issue in tanks. Just didn't make sense to keep it 'sterile'.
 
Well, there may be a few things ya don't like in there, but that's the way of things. My first instinct with my next tank was to go with dry rock (cured bigtime), but then I considered the balance issue in tanks. Just didn't make sense to keep it 'sterile'.
It was started with dry marco rock
 
I love night viewing with a flashlight, it seems you always find something new and interesting.
I used to do that. Ya never know WHAT you're gonna find!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new