OP
Reef Pro

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a Teco 1000 for 2 years already, it is placed inside a cabinet, and the tank is in the living room adjacent to my TV. It will certainly make some noise during cooling but not disturbing or annoying. Try to see if you can have a set of gasket as spare, as mine failed after 2 years of usage.
Hmm ok good to know! Thanks

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recieved mine in the mail this week and it looks like the carrier had their way with the box. I don't see any physical damage to the outside of the unit, but it feels like the innards wobble. Is that normal or should I start a RMA?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vangvace I reached out to @GoVols on his opinion also.... do you run the s650 with led or t5? Seems like however u run that system with as many pumps as it has it will need a chiller.... I have a aqua euro 1/2 hp and it wasn't able to keep up with the t5 on... so looking at what my options are.... seems like Teco is the way to go.... thinking of getting the 2000 due to the heart output of the t5..

lol
Get the TK2000 for an S-650... :)

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teco support is non-existstant. I’ve emailed them several times and received no responses. There’s no phone number to call either. My TK-2000 is taking 3-4 hours to cool 1 degree when it used to be 15-20 mins. Going to contact Aqua Cave who I purchased from next.

OP
OP
Reef Pro

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teco support is non-existstant. I’ve emailed them several times and received no responses. There’s no phone number to call either. My TK-2000 is taking 3-4 hours to cool 1 degree when it used to be 15-20 mins. Going to contact Aqua Cave who I purchased from next.
Well that’s unsettling to hear for such an expensive product.... Kevin over at Teco answered all my questions a few months ago before I pulled the trigger and ordered my TK2000

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s unsettling to hear for such an expensive product.... Kevin over at Teco answered all my questions a few months ago before I pulled the trigger and ordered my TK2000

I used to talk to Kevin too. He's a great guy.

Going to call Aquarium Specialty, tomorrow, to see what's going on???

I've never had a problem, but you need USA support.

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called Aqua Cave and they gave me Kevin’s number. Called and talked to him, going to take it somewhere so they can check the refrigerant level. The good thing about these chillers is they install a nipple on the refrigerant line so it’s easy to check and fill.

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called Aqua Cave and they gave me Kevin’s number. Called and talked to him, going to take it somewhere so they can check the refrigerant level. The good thing about these chillers is they install a nipple on the refrigerant line so it’s easy to check and fill.
How long have you had the chiller and does it run much ? Wondering as to how long before the level gets low just got a teco 500

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the chiller and does it run much ? Wondering as to how long before the level gets low just got a teco 500

I've had mine since early 2014, and the Freon has never got low.

Did you get the new Eco TK?

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s the eco version. It says that on the box.

84F48E09-BDA2-4924-B55D-B289822BBE55.jpeg

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pump are you using the drive it? Did you plumb it into your return line?
Not plumbed yet. I'm gonna plumb it to my manifold that's run on a separate pump (Varios-8). I'm going to have 6 outlets on the manifold. One outlet from the manifold is gonna to through my chiller. This is necessary (I think) because the chiller requires low flow (max 211 gph). Plumbing the chiller into the return pump to DT will be way too much flow for the chiller.

Edit... using varios 8 because my UV will also be hooked up to my manifold which needs high flow. Plus other attachments on the manifold will need to share the flow from the Varios pump. It's for a 900xxxl.

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hey I'm have an issue with my Teco chiller, does that guy Kevin still work at Teco US. Can you PM me his number?

NicolasRoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
I got a brand new Teco TK-1000 (R290 model). I installed in my Red Sea 525 chiller cabinet.
After connecting the pipes and checking the water flow (~600L/hour) I switched it on for the first time. The noise it makes is terrible. It's so loud something must be wrong. So I double checked all the pipes, settings,etc. It's is all setup correctly.
I try again and the same noise starts.
I have attached a video.

I have switched it off after 2 attempts of 5 minutes each. I don't want to make it worse by leaving it on.
My local fish store where I bought it from refuses to take it back for an exchange. He says I first need to reach out to Teco myself and if they recommend to exchange the device then he'll take it. Can you believe that? I reached out to Teco but 48 hours later still nothing back and I need to cool down my tank!

I am writing this here as a last resort, maybe someone here will recognize the distinctive noise the chiller makes in the video and will be able to identify the issue.

Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2020-08-10 at 09.01.13 (2).mp4
    983 KB

inktomi

ReefMan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the TK-2000 which I installed just a few weeks ago, and we were just talking about how quiet it is. We don't have a big house, and we can barely hear it when it's running.

What you're hearing is not normal for sure.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back