Teenagers of R2R. Let us see your tanks!

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23 years old and my sps display
1712960331392.png
That’s awesome!

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find any nudis(lol) without shipping being so expensive :c

When they restock them, get these, they even threw in 2 extra for me ;)

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When they restock them, get these, they even threw in 2 extra for me ;)
but don't they die right after tho?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but don't they die right after tho?
After they eat all your aiptasia. Bergia nudibranchs have a diet that soley consists of aiptasia, they will be active at night, and move much faster than you may think. They can reproduce in aquaria, and will survive until the aiptasia population reaches zero. The aiptasia will (at least in my experience) not regrow after the bergia nudibranchs consume them, and should not appear in your tank unless introduced on a coral frag, live rock ect or if there was aiptasia in a spot they cannot reach like a sump, HOB filter, ect. I highly recommend them, and if you want to try, you can attempt to sustain a population by culturing aiptasia to always have them on standby (small 10-20(long) gallon aquarium, filled with rubble, broadcast fed, add an aiptasia covered rock, will spread quickly, remove small rubble with aiptasia attached and drop it in to bergia culture setup, something like a 5 gal with some rock for cover)

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After they eat all your aiptasia. Bergia nudibranchs have a diet that soley consists of aiptasia, they will be active at night, and move much faster than you may think. They can reproduce in aquaria, and will survive until the aiptasia population reaches zero. The aiptasia will (at least in my experience) not regrow after the bergia nudibranchs consume them, and should not appear in your tank unless introduced on a coral frag, live rock ect or if there was aiptasia in a spot they cannot reach like a sump, HOB filter, ect. I highly recommend them, and if you want to try, you can attempt to sustain a population by culturing aiptasia to always have them on standby (small 10-20(long) gallon aquarium, filled with rubble, broadcast fed, add an aiptasia covered rock, will spread quickly, remove small rubble with aiptasia attached and drop it in to bergia culture setup, something like a 5 gal with some rock for cover)
my lfs recommends peppermint shrimp too. are those good? or will those eat my rock flower nem too?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp are definitely opportunistic coral-eaters, though I'm not sure about RFA's, @ISpeakForTheSeas may know.
They have been known to sometimes eat RFA's:

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got into the hobby at 14, because I convinced my dad I could maintain a reef tank. Now I am 16 and here is my 130 gallon tank.

Your 16? And have THAT tank? Wow. I'm 60 and have yet to (re)start! Gotta admit, although my body doesn't feel it my brain still feels your age. First thing I thought of was "How he gonna move this tank when he moves out!". GREAT JOB!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 82 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back