Teenagers of R2R. Let us see your tanks!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got into the hobby at 14, because I convinced my dad I could maintain a reef tank. Now I am 16 and here is my 130 gallon tank.
Beautiful tank. My next question is, in 2 or 3 yrs when you go to college are you taking this to the dorms, and are you gonna sleep on the floor when it takes the bed’s space?:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice bunch of tanks. When I was a teenager all I had was a 15 than later 30 gallon freshwater. But then back then reefkeeping was just really starting to gain traction and most of the saltwater were fish only with dead coral for deco.

aleksander Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. My next question is, in 2 or 3 yrs when you go to college are you taking this to the dorms, and are you gonna sleep on the floor when it takes the bed’s space?:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I live in Europe and we rarely have dorm rooms or live at college it is usually just like normal high school where you live at home. I also find that kids in Europe and Asia move out of their parents home later than in the us so I will probably still be living with my parents in like 5 years. I will most likely also restart the tank because all of my sps have grown into each other. I also have a toadstool that is 18 inches high and 19 inches across that almost touches the waterline and it sits on the sand bed. So I will most likely reset the tank and start over.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpeg
    IMG_0420.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 20

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nvm, but an urchin would be too big for my tank, I have an 11.4 gallon cube rmbr
Pincushin urchins stay small, should be good for a tank that size, though I'm not sure if a Tuxedo would be too big, @ISpeakForTheSeas? (so sorry for tagging you for the 100th time in the last 2 days lol)

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pincushin urchins stay small, should be good for a tank that size, though I'm not sure if a Tuxedo would be too big, @ISpeakForTheSeas? (so sorry for tagging you for the 100th time in the last 2 days lol)
I reserve summoning him for the tough i.d's or questions that get conflicting responses. Not so much for every simple question that could be answered in a 5 minute search/ read.. I know he stays pretty busy

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reserve summoning him for the tough i.d's or questions that get conflicting responses. Not so much for every simple question that could be answered in a 5 minute search/ read.. I know he stays pretty busy
Screenshot_20240413_173410_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_173402_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_173349_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_173354_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tank size varies based on who you ask, ISpeakForTheSeas being the resident invert expert would offer the best opinion. Everything above is the result of googling "tank size for Tuxedo urchin"

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20240413_173410_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_173402_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_173349_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_173354_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tank size varies based on who you ask, ISpeakForTheSeas being the resident invert expert would offer the best opinion. Everything above is the result of googling "tank size for Tuxedo urchin"
Looks like only the last one is suggested for his tank size. Though I gather that most do better in bigger tanks. I've heard of people regularly trading them in for young/ smaller urchins to keep in their nanos..

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Europe and we rarely have dorm rooms or live at college it is usually just like normal high school where you live at home. I also find that kids in Europe and Asia move out of their parents home later than in the us so I will probably still be living with my parents in like 5 years. I will most likely also restart the tank because all of my sps have grown into each other. I also have a toadstool that is 18 inches high and 19 inches across that almost touches the waterline and it sits on the sand bed. So I will most likely reset the tank and start over.
Wow I love that toadstool. My bigger one is “only” about 4 inches across.
IMG_4195.jpeg

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEYEEeeyeYEY, YoUrE NoT a tEEnagEr

I fEeL UnSAfE
police african GIF by South Park

lol jk, Nice toadstool!
lol . I’m only 6 if you reverse the numbers if that’s helps you feel better hahaha

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back