Teeth cutting marine tank

Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
I looking at cutting some teeth off on my aqua one reef tank to let more water through to take out more rubbish in my tank at the minute I finding the get blocked
Is this ok to make the teeth wider
While ok to do, you may be opening door to inverts and small fish to end up in your overflow and sump
 
Welcome to R2R. I would try to add additional flow with a powerhead first.
black ish appearance GIF
 
I looking at cutting some teeth off on my aqua one reef tank to let more water through to take out more rubbish in my tank at the minute I finding the get blocked
Is this ok to make the teeth wider
Not a good idea ... cleanbthe holes more often, add some more holes .. not make them wider.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new