Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing! So glad I saw this thread in R2Rs email. Question in the 1st image (post 181) focus on the light's reflection. To the North West (10:00) of that reflection is a blue center with red skirt coral. Is that a rock flower nem? If yes is it touching the surrounding corals?

If not what is it?

Thanks for the info and the updates!!

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing! So glad I saw this thread in R2Rs email. Question in the 1st image (post 181) focus on the light's reflection. To the North West (10:00) of that reflection is a blue center with red skirt coral. Is that a rock flower nem? If yes is it touching the surrounding corals?

If not what is it?

Thanks for the info and the updates!!

Thank you! I did even catch the email haha. Anyway no that is not a rock flower. That is a blasto. Don't have a "designer" name. My oldest daughter saw it at a frag swap and we snagged it. Took a long time to see some growth, but i'm up to 6 heads now.

There are some other photos of it on my instagram account. @tehSAC_reef

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m still around.

I seriously almost threw all of this in the trash. Corals were not looking great, ATO stuck on and threw the salinity off, etc etc. So frustrating and just wanted to be done with it all. Plus the daily stresses of life were taking me away from maintenance and overall desire to do anything with the tank or life. I’d do a two gallon change every week, scraped the glass, and fed the fish. Hell, I barely wanted to even look at the tank. In September my youngest came to me and said “dad, what are the little green hairs and bubbles in your tank?” I took a quick look and honestly couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Bubble algae and GHA in various spots all over the tank. Something happened that night and it took me back into “reef mode.” I started to scrub my rocks during large water changes with peroxide to remove the GHA, plucked the bubble algae, and stopped siphoning the sand weekly. I started to see changes in the coming weeks. Zoa’s were starting to open back up, and new heads almost every other day on some of the varieties I have. Before I did large waterchanges, I would really blast the rocks with a turkey baster, get the junk suspended in the column and do the 3-4 gallon water change. I’ve been doing this for 2 months now and the health, growth, and colors of my corals have never been better.
F043DB4D-586E-49C2-A0E7-9C87E5331DFF.jpeg
B49C7606-117B-4FB6-B246-C788E2B4E76D.jpeg
305F2221-2723-4867-9EAF-BD57E3F19E30.jpeg
433BD217-B61B-4927-AAF2-474994EFFF51.jpeg
Can you say a blitz more about how you cleaned the rocks?

I’m guessing you removed that from the tank to scrub them with peroxide? Just wondering with all those corals that must have been some task?

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you say a blitz more about how you cleaned the rocks?

I’m guessing you removed that from the tank to scrub them with peroxide? Just wondering with all those corals that must have been some task?

Actually there is one large rock and 3 smaller rocks in the tank. The small ones I removed and scrubbed. The large rock I did a large water change and before adding new water I scrubbed the rocks while they were in the tank.

nice! i m just about to start! any advice on upgrade?

Mind share your lighting schedule/setup for AI prime?

If you get the newer version of this tank the return pump is really great. The Sicce pump I have is good but it has its flaws.

My lighting is very simple actually. I try to keep everything simple in my tank.

cursedcalamari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, top down is the best way to view my tank.

sorry not sorry

IMG_8461.jpg
Ha! I just saw your tank on reddit when you posted it. I have to tell you that after looking at your tank I decided to actually grab a IM Nuvo 10 this week as my next tank. I was looking for a new tank project after a life change so thank you for sharing this.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I just saw your tank on reddit when you posted it. I have to tell you that after looking at your tank I decided to actually grab a IM Nuvo 10 this week as my next tank. I was looking for a new tank project after a life change so thank you for sharing this.

Awesome! Good luck with the build.

ranchhand02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. I have a fusion 10 also and they are great little tanks. I just won a fusion 20 encore in a raffle and I am planning on moving my 10 gallon into one side of the new 20 Encore.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. I have a fusion 10 also and they are great little tanks. I just won a fusion 20 encore in a raffle and I am planning on moving my 10 gallon into one side of the new 20 Encore.

thanks and congrats on the win. Good luck with the move. I’m eager to see what people do with those tanks.

ranchhand02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am excited to build it. There are not many build threads in here for them so hopefully mine will be popular. It will be a unique tank but also think there could be some challenges with it also

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am excited to build it. There are not many build threads in here for them so hopefully mine will be popular. It will be a unique tank but also think there could be some challenges with it also
Being excited, and enjoying the challenge is one of the best parts of the hobby. The popular part I could care less of. It’s nice to be recognized but in the grand scheme of things I do it for myself as I’m the one that looks at it everyday. Do it for yourself and you will never be let down.

ranchhand02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being excited, and enjoying the challenge is one of the best parts of the hobby. The popular part I could care less of. It’s nice to be recognized but in the grand scheme of things I do it for myself as I’m the one that looks at it everyday. Do it for yourself and you will never be let down.

Same here. I enjoy watching things grow. It doesnt matter to me if it are crops, cattle or coral I just like to see things grow. I also like to learn new things. So much has changed since I set my first tank up 13 years ago.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back