tehSAC's NUVO 10

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic images.

I have the Duetto and thus far I really like it.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been too long since I updated this post.

Tank is starting to show some consistent growth. The SPS trial run is doing better than I thought, but no intention of adding anymore to this tank. Only issue is with the Yellow favia. Its been receding quite a bit over the past few weeks. Had some cyano issues and I think it effected it the most.

The new ATO is working fantastic and extremely quiet. Really love that!

Other than that, this tank is on cruise control. Really hoping this rock will be covered fully by the end of the year.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My heater failed last week and the tank got down to 68 degrees. Corals were all sorts of ticked off, but nothing was lost. So I purchased an inkbird temp controller and it showed up today. Why did I not do this before?!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great, shame Tunze let you down, and I agree the pump is noisy, I’m looking to replace mine too. Can’t believe they wanted you to go to the trouble of sending a $20 pump in for them to inspect it before helping you!

Wondering how you clean your sand? Do you vacuum or leave it to the cuc?

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great, shame Tunze let you down, and I agree the pump is noisy, I’m looking to replace mine too. Can’t believe they wanted you to go to the trouble of sending a $20 pump in for them to inspect it before helping you!

Wondering how you clean your sand? Do you vacuum or leave it to the cuc?

Yea it sucked, but hey whatcha gonna do? Sucks as I was very loyal to the brand for 3 years, but it is what it is. I just keep moving on, and found a great replacement. Turns out it was never the pump. I tested the pump using a D battery and got movement, so it had to be the controller. :shrug:

I have a cuc, but also siphon the sand each waterchange. I've done this since I set the tank up 3 years ago.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can’t give up vacuuming! I guess I’ll get to grips with it soon.

I have the inkbird too, very happy with it, It’s great you can see the temp of the tank when out and about, keeps my tank within .4c. It’ll give you that extra piece of mind now, knowing you had a heater fail.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can’t give up vacuuming! I guess I’ll get to grips with it soon.

I have the inkbird too, very happy with it, It’s great you can see the temp of the tank when out and about, keeps my tank within .4c. It’ll give you that extra piece of mind now, knowing you had a heater fail.

Vacuuming isn't all to bad. Just got to pay attention you don't suck up the sand too. I've done that one too many times. LOL

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New photos? Sure!

AF642EEE-C958-4011-9240-CB578E59E2E9.jpeg A1A1DE37-26DD-497D-9123-7493A1325EA0.jpeg 5D2B90DC-A6E5-454E-A02F-367B730A8CDF.jpeg DCAF666D-F445-4B25-9B1D-57E0AB30F1E3.jpeg 9B755E6B-81A8-4385-B464-6528395D1DF9.jpeg CAC29AA1-C06C-43BD-B2AF-9EC7782F4386.jpeg 722E3A3F-3F42-476C-A197-C6FE5C0C1736.jpeg

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, and very resilient/consistent through all the various little setbacks, impressive!

thank you! I gotta be honest ive wanted to shut it down before but I would have been disappointed if I actually went though with it.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I don’t update this post enough and it feels like I told a bomb of a joke and the air is sucked out of the thread…… LOL Been a busy past couple of months with work, COVID, and my weight loss journey. So the tank has been pretty much the last thing I have focused on. Still stay up to date on waterchanges, and keep an eye on things, but not as much as I was in the past. I miss tinkering with the tank, and just sitting back and enjoying it.

Anyway, been toying with various ideas for this tank, and/or a future tank. I’ve always wanted to pack this tank full. This might be what ends up happening as I’m hesitant to start a new tank, and I also can’t find a good used lagoon tank either. Something sentimental about just keeping this tank going, and that fear of ****** up a new tank runs through my head often. There has also been that thought of more water, means more money. The waterchanges on this tank are so dang easy. Also the thought of selling off all the coral and getting out of the hobby creeps into the brain from time to time. Thankfully that hasn’t taken hold on this weak little brain of mine.

For this tank I have my eye on a grim reaper torch, that I will probably put on its own rock in the lower right front corner. Maybe cover that base with some easy to care for zoas. There are a couple other favia’s and zoa’s I would like to add as well. Maybe add a bubble gum digi eventually as well. Eventually I want to remove the tube anemone, it’s just not what I want, dang impulse purchases. After I add those I would like to add another fish one of these days. My daughter wants another Tailspot Blenny, but my LFS cant get ahold of one.

I’ll add some photos for those that are interested. Not much has changed, but a book without pictures is boring. **** there goes evidence of my weak little brain again.

IMG_6366.jpg IMG_6368.jpg IMG_6370.jpg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good as ever.

I’m the same, would love a bigger tank but the thought of lugging around all that water (and cost) has stopped me up to now.

Maybe another 10g is an option, you could keep both, do something totally different with the 2nd one?

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good as ever.

I’m the same, would love a bigger tank but the thought of lugging around all that water (and cost) has stopped me up to now.

Maybe another 10g is an option, you could keep both, do something totally different with the 2nd one?

Thank you appreciate the kind words. Eh I only have time for one tank. I have thrown the idea around, trust me but one tank is enough for this reefer.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately I have been having much more film algae than in the past. I rarely feed my tank (corals), and when I do its usually an hour or so before a waterchange. Last week I did a 4 gallon change yet here I am on a Tuesday with the same issues as last week. Nothing new has been added to the tank, and all but 2 corals look healthy and happy as heck. Thoughts?

Back