Temperature Questions

benjabba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Black Ocellaris that have been with me for 4+ years. They have laid eggs for me in the past and I am hoping to get them to do so again. (Looking for a change of pace from corals. :) ) I have a question about tank temps. I currently keep the tank right at 78 degrees. Should I adjust the temperature either way? I have read information about temps being both higher and lower and wanted to see what you guys keep your temps at.

I think my other problem is they are currently housed in frag tank and I am always in there working on something. :) Gonna have to get them out of there soon.

I look forward to any advice you guys and gals have to offer.

Thanks

Ben

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the "disturbing" them all the time in the tank has an effect. I keep my tank around 78*, year round. I think more has to do with water quality than anything else, when it comes to breeding.

OP
OP
benjabba

benjabba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, that is what I figured. I am certain my water quality is not the issue so I guess I will get them into another tank and see if that helps. They are currently hosting a duncans colony. Should I move that aswell, or just move their PVC pipe?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 114 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back