Temporary holding tank for fish including two large tangs?

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying an existing tank setup. For two weeks I will need to hold his existing stock in some holding tanks/buckets I have. The specific concern I have is he has about a 14" sailfin tang and a 14" hippo tang. The biggest holding tank I will have is a 55 gallon. So the only thought I have is to put both those tangs along with some of the live rock into the 55G. They will probably not be happy but I don't have much choice. Should I try to separate them with egg crate plastic as a divider? The rest of the live rock and smaller fish will go into a 20 long and/or 15 gallon rubbermaid bins, and 32 gallon brutes.

Here is a breakdown of where I think these fish will need to live for the two weeks until the DT arrives. Please let me know if you think any of these should be changed.

55g - live rock, small coral frags, and sailfin tang, hippo tang, yellow watchman goby, blue diamond goby
20 Long - live rock, small frags, melanarus wrasse, yellow tang, green birdsmouth wrasse
15 gal Rubbermaid bin 1 - live rock, ocellaris clown, orbiculate cardinal, pajama cardinal
15 gal Rubbermaid bin 2 - flame angel
32 gal rubbermaid - rest of live rock

Or should I maybe skip the 15 gallon bins and use two 32 gallon brutes? There will be a heater and powerhead in each of these.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back