Temporary tank move?

WRB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to move my 120 Dt about 20 feet for a long day for new carpet install. I've done it in the past without issue but was thinking this time I'd siphon off 50 % of the water and remove any tipsy decorations, move the tank and stand on rollers as a unit with the fish still in the tank. Once out of the way put the majority of the water back in to get my pumps back online and reverse the procedure 8 hrs later and put the tank back where it belongs.
Or, put the fish and water with a temporary power-head in a Brutte can from start to finish and then back into the DT when it's back wher it belongs. Can't remeber how I did it 20 years ago.
Seems like leaving them in the tank would be easier on them.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How will you lift the tank onto rollers if its 50% full? I'd put it into container/containers and drain the whole tank myself.

OP
OP
W

WRB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 1.25" dowels and move it as if it were a block for a pyramid. My appliance dolly is wider than the cabinet end and can easily lift it up enougn to put it on the 1st dowel. Works like a champ, I'm fortunate because I have a very robust stand and I don't use a sump.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back