Tenecor Acrylic Aquariums

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't heard back from anyone at Tenecor , emailed them yesterday, not sure what is going on there buy seems a lot of people on forums having same issue with emails.

Give them some time. It isn't like going through a drive through and ordering a Big Mac. From the above message it appears they have a window of 24 to 36 hours. Having received a quote recently through a glass builder I will say I waited about the same amount of time. Then again I've also had worse whereas I sent my previous custom builder a request for quote and was ghosted.

I used their portal for a quick number. That initial number should give an indication if you want to go further into the process. At least that is the route I went. I'm guessing adding some customization will change it a bit and that is what a more detailed quote is for. Trying to find a builder who will install some false walls for closed loops has been interesting to say the least...

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them some time. It isn't like going through a drive through and ordering a Big Mac. From the above message it appears they have a window of 24 to 36 hours. Having received a quote recently through a glass builder I will say I waited about the same amount of time. Then again I've also had worse whereas I sent my previous custom builder a request for quote and was ghosted.

I used their portal for a quick number. That initial number should give an indication if you want to go further into the process. At least that is the route I went. I'm guessing adding some customization will change it a bit and that is what a more detailed quote is for. Trying to find a builder who will install some false walls for closed loops has been interesting to say the least...
Ok, I am glad you represent Tenecor. If I knew there was a window of 24-36 hours I wouldn't ask, if the Tenecor rep on R2R had said 24-36 hours or their website I would know that, however he posted the email for them and said you will get quick reply. I did not add any customization, I am just trying to get a rough estimate to see where they are at and compare.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What glass builder did you contact? I am hesitant on glass this time around for myself, the warranty's are not very good and I always ask myself why, why are some warranty's on glass tanks so short in length. Whereas most acrylic tanks are lifetime warranty, which even if that is prorated over time, it shows they stand behind their work.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for nothing but you can get a rough estimate for what you want just by looking at the pricing on their site. As a business owner myself I can tell you that the days of chatting up are over. Most businesses are short staffed these days and can't wait on customers hand and foot and people just need to accept it. Nobody is avoiding you it's the the new times we are in now. Several posts up on this thread they stated their time frame on customer contacts.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for nothing but you can get a rough estimate for what you want just by looking at the pricing on their site. As a business owner myself I can tell you that the days of chatting up are over. Most businesses are short staffed these days and can't wait on customers hand and foot and people just need to accept it. Nobody is avoiding you it's the the new times we are in now. Several posts up on this thread they stated their time frame on customer contacts.
i did look on website, but they are supposed to have new tank and stand packages coming out, the Tenecor Rep on R2R has ben promoting it.

I also own my own business as a specialty food distributor and i still talk to my customers. Do not give up hope yet, at some point people will need to get back to work to pay bills, they cant sit around forever. I know I will not accept the non-communication system of any business, I will look for one that does chat up and communicate. Especially in this hobby, these are large purchases , if I want no communication I will go to Petco and Petsmart...lol

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I am glad you represent Tenecor. If I knew there was a window of 24-36 hours I wouldn't ask, if the Tenecor rep on R2R had said 24-36 hours or their website I would know that, however he posted the email for them and said you will get quick reply. I did not add any customization, I am just trying to get a rough estimate to see where they are at and compare.

The communication I received with them was 4-7 days per email

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The communication I received with them was 4-7 days per email
Thank you for the information, that is all I was trying to find out. Right now Innovative Marine seems like the best bet out there , pricing is great , quality looks good , warranty is just 3 years but I know they have a solid reputation and everyone who has got there NuVO INT or EXT setups seems happy

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the information, that is all I was trying to find out. Right now Innovative Marine seems like the best bet out there , pricing is great , quality looks good , warranty is just 3 years but I know they have a solid reputation and everyone who has got there NuVO INT or EXT setups seems happy
We are very busy. Like extremely busy and running two shifts. If you choose to go with another company, all the best to you. As for the company you mentioned, their website states its "only" 20 weeks or so for a custom build.

Last edited:

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are very busy. Like extremely busy and running two shifts. If you choose to go with another company, all the best to you. As for the company you mentioned, their website states its "only" 20 weeks or so for a custom build.
The only reason I expected was quick response was because you told me that in this thread , that is all I was going by , no need to get defensive and I haven't made up my mind yet on what tank to get or what direction to go with that is why I am getting prices, information, quality, checking build threads . And actually most IM custom build or made to orders are arriving even faster than 20 weeks.
How long is Tenecor lead time on builds , I don't even know what your stands look like with sides on them , so that is all stuff I am waiting to find out. If you had said it takes 7 days for a response I wouldn't of expected a fast response, but you said respond quickly. So before you get defensive, I am just going by expectations I had reading the message you posted to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127-193401.png
    Screenshot_20230127-193401.png
    212.9 KB · Views: 34

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I expected was quick response was because you told me that in this thread , that is all I was going by , no need to get defensive and I haven't made up my mind yet on what tank to get or what direction to go with that is why I am getting prices, information, quality, checking build threads . And actually most IM custom build or made to orders are arriving even faster than 20 weeks.
How long is Tenecor lead time on builds , I don't even know what your stands look like with sides on them , so that is all stuff I am waiting to find out. If you had said it takes 7 days for a response I wouldn't of expected a fast response, but you said respond quickly. So before you get defensive, I am just going by expectations I had reading the message you posted to me.
Fair enough. Our quote times are/were what I wrote. They now are stretching out a bit for a few reasons, none of which should be a customer's problem. To begin with, it is not just a matter of plugging in a number. We need to make sure the material is available. This is a phone call. Vendors are having supply issues. Second. same thing with shipping quotes. Another phone call. This is even worse. We ship a lot of truck freight and the quotes change daily. Finally, we are running into some capacity issues. This is the easiest fix. Our production is spread across three facilities and more equipment is being delivered almost weekly. Big stuff. Right now, we ship approx. 15,000 gallons per week and are looking to increase it by about 50 percent with the new routers. You asked about the skins. The original design we had with magnets is not working. Now we are looking at traditional hinges and latches. This will work but is not as elegant a look as what we were going for. We want to make sure what is shipped is excellent. not just good enough. Lastly, I am not a sales rep and not out to try and sell anything. I enjoy learning things here and being offensive is the last thing, so my apologies if I came across in a sour manner. Not intended. We just wanna build tanks and have a good time doing so.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. Our quote times are/were what I wrote. They now are stretching out a bit for a few reasons, none of which should be a customer's problem. To begin with, it is not just a matter of plugging in a number. We need to make sure the material is available. This is a phone call. Vendors are having supply issues. Second. same thing with shipping quotes. Another phone call. This is even worse. We ship a lot of truck freight and the quotes change daily. Finally, we are running into some capacity issues. This is the easiest fix. Our production is spread across three facilities and more equipment is being delivered almost weekly. Big stuff. Right now, we ship approx. 15,000 gallons per week and are looking to increase it by about 50 percent with the new routers. You asked about the skins. The original design we had with magnets is not working. Now we are looking at traditional hinges and latches. This will work but is not as elegant a look as what we were going for. We want to make sure what is shipped is excellent. not just good enough. Lastly, I am not a sales rep and not out to try and sell anything. I enjoy learning things here and being offensive is the last thing, so my apologies if I came across in a sour manner. Not intended. We just wanna build tanks and have a good time doing so.
I appreciate your honesty and I feel your pain being self employed. I apologize also if you thought I was being rude , I have an old Tenecor tank I bought over 25 years ago , a Simplicity AIO , and had simplicity filters built into both sides , one on left one on right. I currently have it stored away but it is a unique tank , it was a deal you guys had from a build that didn't happen. Anyway, I will be patient and look forward to progress. Do you know of any Tenecor build threads on R2R?

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate your honesty and I feel your pain being self employed. I apologize also if you thought I was being rude , I have an old Tenecor tank I bought over 25 years ago , a Simplicity AIO , and had simplicity filters built into both sides , one on left one on right. I currently have it stored away but it is a unique tank , it was a deal you guys had from a build that didn't happen. Anyway, I will be patient and look forward to progress. Do you know of any Tenecor build threads on R2R?
LOL, there is no pain. I have great staff and TBH, this endeavor is fun. The aquarium line is the fun part. Our industrial business is much much larger but just plain boring. Anyhow, I thought a lot about this. You will notice the "Custom Quotes" tab is no longer available. Since I am always travelling for unrelated business, I just found out my staff is working on a custom build configurator similar to this where you can essentially build your setup and place the order. It is still in development and should launch in about six weeks. I went to that glass tank web site mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread. If you wanted, you can go there, get their price and take off around 20-30% and come out about where we would be for a similar size from us. Of course, your mileage may vary after the options. For example, I see their 72x30x24 at around $3,100. Our same base tank would be around $1,900 to $2,200. One more: Their 96x24x12 frag is listed for a little over $2,000. Ours would be $1,200 to $1,300. So there you have it.

We just launched an unrelated business and now the guys are wrapping that one up so they can get back to the "fish tanks". The configurator is going to be pretty cool. Lots of options, more than the example above and the best part is it is not just an estimator but a final checkout ready product. A 25 year old Tenecor? Nice. (hey glass guys, where is your 25 year old tank story?) You asked about R2R Tenecor builds, I know there are some but can't point to them.

Last week we started a new DIY program exclusive to R2R. Every two weeks or so, we are offering a DIY kit for a pretty low price. The first one was a 3 gallon frag for $19 plus S&H. We limit it to only 100 kits and they sell out fast. That tank turned into a full blown product including a pedestal sump and lid. The next one coming out is "The Grand Cayman" desktop drop off. Probably an AIO. A little higher, probably around $49 since there is more stuff. Many more in the works after that one. Hopefully, a few of these kits should be build threads. You can also heck out some of my earlier posts and you will see in production pics of tanks going through. No particular order. Another program coming down the line is our 3D printer farm concept. A dozen or so industrial grade 3D printers for the hobbyist. Net profits going to environmental charity. Lastly, if you are into reptiles and snakes, that line is launching this spring.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, there is no pain. I have great staff and TBH, this endeavor is fun. The aquarium line is the fun part. Our industrial business is much much larger but just plain boring. Anyhow, I thought a lot about this. You will notice the "Custom Quotes" tab is no longer available. Since I am always travelling for unrelated business, I just found out my staff is working on a custom build configurator similar to this where you can essentially build your setup and place the order. It is still in development and should launch in about six weeks. I went to that glass tank web site mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread. If you wanted, you can go there, get their price and take off around 20-30% and come out about where we would be for a similar size from us. Of course, your mileage may vary after the options. For example, I see their 72x30x24 at around $3,100. Our same base tank would be around $1,900 to $2,200. One more: Their 96x24x12 frag is listed for a little over $2,000. Ours would be $1,200 to $1,300. So there you have it.

We just launched an unrelated business and now the guys are wrapping that one up so they can get back to the "fish tanks". The configurator is going to be pretty cool. Lots of options, more than the example above and the best part is it is not just an estimator but a final checkout ready product. A 25 year old Tenecor? Nice. (hey glass guys, where is your 25 year old tank story?) You asked about R2R Tenecor builds, I know there are some but can't point to them.

Last week we started a new DIY program exclusive to R2R. Every two weeks or so, we are offering a DIY kit for a pretty low price. The first one was a 3 gallon frag for $19 plus S&H. We limit it to only 100 kits and they sell out fast. That tank turned into a full blown product including a pedestal sump and lid. The next one coming out is "The Grand Cayman" desktop drop off. Probably an AIO. A little higher, probably around $49 since there is more stuff. Many more in the works after that one. Hopefully, a few of these kits should be build threads. You can also heck out some of my earlier posts and you will see in production pics of tanks going through. No particular order. Another program coming down the line is our 3D printer farm concept. A dozen or so industrial grade 3D printers for the hobbyist. Net profits going to environmental charity. Lastly, if you are into reptiles and snakes, that line is launching this spring.
Sounds exciting, I will keep my eyes open and be patient, sounds like a lot of good things coming.

Do you guys drill your overflow for "Bean Animal style overflow" or do you just customize it to each build ?

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds exciting, I will keep my eyes open and be patient, sounds like a lot of good things coming.

Do you guys drill your overflow for "Bean Animal style overflow" or do you just customize it to each build ?
Custom. Whatever the customer wants

Chris Beck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I placed an order for a couple frag tanks and I can't seem to get ahold of anyone at tenecor? There is no phone number either? Is tenecor a real business or a scam? I'm about to call my credit card company and get my money back. Got initial email stating they got my order/payment but it seems impossible to verify. Are they real? What is the phone number?

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I placed an order for a couple frag tanks and I can't seem to get ahold of anyone at tenecor? There is no phone number either? Is tenecor a real business or a scam? I'm about to call my credit card company and get my money back. Got initial email stating they got my order/payment but it seems impossible to verify. Are they real? What is the phone number?

They are a real company just have really long respond times and strangely no way to contact via phone, no phone number.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty strange, years ago they were very responsive but shut down , not they reopened but seem overwhelmed and understaffed like rest of country. They definitely are real and we're top acrylic guys for years . I think they just are overwhelmed with work , they shut down their custom tank links. I asked for a quote weeks ago , never heard back , they are supposed to have all new setups coming out. I would message the Tenecor person through R2R he seems to be very responsive and respectful.

Chris Beck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty strange, years ago they were very responsive but shut down , not they reopened but seem overwhelmed and understaffed like rest of country. They definitely are real and we're top acrylic guys for years . I think they just are overwhelmed with work , they shut down their custom tank links. I asked for a quote weeks ago , never heard back , they are supposed to have all new setups coming out. I would message the Tenecor person through R2R he seems to be very responsive and respectful.
Thank you. I did message tenecor guy through r2r about hr ago. Hopefully, I can get some info on my order. See some people talked to a customer service rep? I can't seem to even find a phone number.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back