Tenecor Acrylic Aquariums

sevenstacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First world problems are the best kind of problems. That link is no longer available because we were getting too many quote requests and while most people were patient enough to wait for our replies, some weren't. Michelle and the other reps do an excellent job but the reality is we are very dependent on our acrylic suppliers and their materials availability/lead times. Getting quotes from them to prepare quotes for our customers stretched out reply times. Most people were understanding, some were not. It is getting more difficult to source the correct acrylic for many of the larger sizes. Regrettably, the larger sizes you mention are getting the hardest to source materials for. That 120x24x24 is an awesome tank. Great price too because those sheets are still relatively available.
Tenecor,

Thank you so much for the quick response - much appreciated!

In response to your comment above; any idea just how long we are looking at if I bump up your 120x24x24 to a 120x30x30 or 120x36x30?

I’m in a bit of a pinch with a tank I bought off Craigslist that sprung a leak once I had it full. I should have known better... It looks like this guy fixed the tank with superglue, that held long enough for me to add salt and fish. I’ve transferred everything to a few of the other large tanks I currently have running, and I can survive this way for a month or two, but anything beyond that might get dicey.

I’m ready to place an order today or as soon as I hear from Michelle or someone at Tenecor. If what you are saying about the 30 or 36” panels means several months and an ungodly high cost, I’ll just order the 120x24x24 from your website. But since I’m not in crisis mode just yet, I think it makes sense to get some more facts before I make some final purchase decisions. I’m certainly willing to flex on some of my preferences, e.g. going from 36” to 30” wide if that meant significant cost/time savings.

Anyway, I truly appreciate hearing from you so promptly; and moving forward, I’ll gladly take any more details about my tank purchase situation offline, as a public forum may not be the best place to hash out such details.

I’ll be sure, however, to post any favorable outcomes, pictures, and updates as they become available once the purchase is solidified.

Joel

sevenstacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at the Tenecor website and the 120x24x24 aquarium option was just removed. It was there this morning.

I just heard from who I believe is the owner or manager of Tenecor an hour ago in this forum saying that tank is available and a good deal, but it just disappeared from their website.

I wanted to confirm availability of a wider tank option; otherwise, I was planning on purchasing this one directly from their website today. I called and left a message, so hopefully I hear back from them this week.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not speaking for Tenecor but what he said about acrylic sheet in 12' lengths is important to understand. Only one place has them in the U.S. currently and that is Polycast. They are charging up to 4 times the price in each category of cast acrylic. The only other competitor just closed their entire plant for good. Tenecor has other sources but a lot of the acrylic comes from offshore sources these days. As a result times to get materials are extended and shipping prices are 4 times the cost before the pandemic. Tenecor has better buying power than many sources and that is a plus for them.

sevenstacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not speaking for Tenecor but what he said about acrylic sheet in 12' lengths is important to understand. Only one place has them in the U.S. currently and that is Polycast. They are charging up to 4 times the price in each category of cast acrylic. The only other competitor just closed their entire plant for good. Tenecor has other sources but a lot of the acrylic comes from offshore sources these days. As a result times to get materials are extended and shipping prices are 4 times the cost before the pandemic. Tenecor has better buying power than many sources and that is a plus for them.
Thanks for the information; you make both interesting and concerning points. I wonder then if when someone wants a 120" long tank, the acrylic manufacturer has to purchase a 12' length and lop off 2' for a 120"? A 144" would be really sweet..... The company would have to have equipment to support a 144" build. Truvue will not go beyond 96" for that reason.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information; you make both interesting and concerning points. I wonder then if when someone wants a 120" long tank, the acrylic manufacturer has to purchase a 12' length and lop off 2' for a 120"? A 144" would be really sweet..... The company would have to have equipment to support a 144" build. Truvue will not go beyond 96" for that reason.
We have a 5' x 12' CNC machine for processing solid surface which is a 12' x 30" sheet. I can order 12' acrylic from Polycast but it is very expensive and sometimes a long wait. Most distributors only stock 4' x 8' sheets so the only option might be butt seams. It leaves a visual line but that is part of the game for the new stock problems. For your 10' tank it would take (1) 5' x 10', and (1) 6' x 10', and (1) 4' x 8' panels. This is a costly purchase for one tank at 120 x 36 x 30.

Tenecor may have better options due to volume.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up with the stand price increases? I have been patiently waiting to order a 48x24x36 stand because I wanted extra cross bracing for the bottom shelf and I finally got an email thread going about the extra parts and now it looks like the base price went from $465 (?) to $729? More than a 50% with no notice? Stand price on the custom build tool linked about still seems to be the price from last week?
Prices are being mapped over the new configurators and not all of them are correct. Nothing has gone up, if anything, some have gone down.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at the Tenecor website and the 120x24x24 aquarium option was just removed. It was there this morning.

I just heard from who I believe is the owner or manager of Tenecor an hour ago in this forum saying that tank is available and a good deal, but it just disappeared from their website.

I wanted to confirm availability of a wider tank option; otherwise, I was planning on purchasing this one directly from their website today. I called and left a message, so hopefully I hear back from them this week.
The sizes are all available. We are making major changes to the website and launching the configuration tools by size. Some may have been taken down temporarily.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand update(s). The next (and last) piece of stand production equipment is set for delivery in about two weeks and our new stnad production space is almost wired up. Some fun pics are below of perhaps the ugliest aquarium stand ever made. It is the prototype of the new panels. Excuse the mess in the images. Stuff is being cleared out and the space is being retooled. The stand design is a winner and with a few tweaks, good to go. Pics are of a 48 inch Magnum frame. Before anyone calls it out, the center vertical brace will not be in the final design or will be removable. This mockup is the basic design. For those who may have missed it, the upgraded design will feature side access doors, control panel mounting wall, recessed power outlets, sump compartment lighting and a few other little goodies. The frame will be covered by a lifetime warranty and the panels for five years. Panels will be interchangeable if your design or decor changes.

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

S1.jpg

j000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can put pretty much anything in a 10 foot tank :)

Not yours, but no longer a competitors either, tank builder passed away a year ago or so.

What’s the dimensions on this monster? I thought I wanted a 96x36x30 but still got quite a bit room left on the wall & I wouldn’t mind a 120x36x30 lol.

Now time to look for a reputable acrylic tank builder. I’ve put in a few quotes with different companies and have yet to hear anything

sevenstacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the dimensions on this monster? I thought I wanted a 96x36x30 but still got quite a bit room left on the wall & I wouldn’t mind a 120x36x30 lol.

Now time to look for a reputable acrylic tank builder. I’ve put in a few quotes with different companies and have yet to hear anything
After total nonsense from other acrylic companies, I ended up going with Fish Tanks Direct .com out of FL and am having a 120x48x24 tank being built as we speak.

j000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After total nonsense from other acrylic companies, I ended up going with Fish Tanks Direct .com out of FL and am having a 120x48x24 tank being built as we speak.
Dang, do you mind elaborating on what they did & what companies so I can avoid?

I inquired on two online acrylic companies and two local fish stores & only got a response from one local store but all they could do for me is order a reefer s 1000 lol.

I’ll most likely go with Tenecor

lilfishie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings. Our customer service email is [email protected]. We have a dedicated, very busy, customer service staff and they try to respond to all emails within 24 hours, excluding weekends and holidays. Yes, we can call you back if you prefer. However the best way to connect with the appropriate team member is by email. All the
Barring a glowing endorsement from someone else, I'd also be hesitant.
You must have no idea who Tenecor Aquarium is...go educate yourself.
Barring a glowing endorsement from someone else, I'd also be hesitant.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back