Tenecor Acrylic Aquariums

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic cell cast sheets are going way up price wise due to another producer closing. Plexiglass G is now a thing of the past. That leaves Marga Cipta (Asia), Chemcast (Mexico), Polycast (USA), Acrylite (Asia and Germany for 1 " to 4" material), Reynolds Polymer (USA cross linked resin can not be solvent welded), Xinhua (China) used to be very poor quality and not easy to solvent weld. Chengdu (China). There may be others that I missed but in the past only Plexiglass G, Acrylite GP, and Polycast were of a better quality. Since having the thinner sheets 3/4" and thinner being cast in Asia some fabricators have reported quality issues with Acrylite. The German sheet is still considered good quality but price and shipping times make this a supply issue. Not sure what the industry in acrylic tanks looks like in the future since cell cast acrylic is getting harder to source. Polycast is the best domestic sheet for most applications but the price is almost 3 times the last shipment of Plexiglass G.

Signed "Backyard Cowboy"! Hahaha!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic cell cast sheets are going way up price wise due to another producer closing. Plexiglass G is now a thing of the past. That leaves Marga Cipta (Asia), Chemcast (Mexico), Polycast (USA), Acrylite (Asia and Germany for 1 " to 4" material), Reynolds Polymer (USA cross linked resin can not be solvent welded), Xinhua (China) used to be very poor quality and not easy to solvent weld. Chengdu (China). There may be others that I missed but in the past only Plexiglass G, Acrylite GP, and Polycast were of a better quality. Since having the thinner sheets 3/4" and thinner being cast in Asia some fabricators have reported quality issues with Acrylite. The German sheet is still considered good quality but price and shipping times make this a supply issue. Not sure what the industry in acrylic tanks looks like in the future since cell cast acrylic is getting harder to source. Polycast is the best domestic sheet for most applications but the price is almost 3 times the last shipment of Plexiglass G.

So who does that leave with a proper thickness of acrylic? I don't know what the standard size is for larger displays so curious. Probably not applicable to this thread so don't want to muddy it. Sorry.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Backyard Cowboy" Love you Lowell. Give me a hug. We have blanket PO's stretching into 2024 and buy lots of acrylic. We are good.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who does that leave with a proper thickness of acrylic? I don't know what the standard size is for larger displays so curious. Probably not applicable to this thread so don't want to muddy it. Sorry.
Please notice the brand on the paper.

38E2368F-2653-4252-8619-E6D42F4ACBAA.jpeg

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is Cyro still around?

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Question for Lowell Lemon and Tenecor...when it comes to seems on acrylic aquariums . Do you recommended hand polished museum quality seems or solvent welded regular seems?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I see it says 1/2 inch acrylic, will there be a lot of bowing in that ? I am trying to understand how acrylic thickness correlates to tanks , some people says 3/4 inch is best , I am just trying to get a grip on all this information

It is only 18 tall I noticed

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly certain I want my next tank to be acrylic but that is a year and a half out as we are moving :) Hopefully prices are not astronomical by then.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now it leaves Chemcast up to 2" I think and then Polycast up to 4" but at a premium. Acrylite from 1" to 4" with a long wait. Maybe Tenecor can give us some advice. You know like buy the acrylic from us hahaha!

Chris Beck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested. Shoot me a PM if still available.
Really? I need those for a frag swap coming up for my son's new business. That is gonna really hurt us. I only posted on here looking for a phone number to contact someone to check on the order. There are so many fake companies out there today I was just worried. If I had a phone number to contact someone I wouldn't of been so concerned. I was contacted today and everything was fine after that until couple hours ago I get email. Is there anyway to work this out?

Chris Beck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I need those for a frag swap coming up for my son's new business. That is gonna really hurt us. I only posted on here looking for a phone number to contact someone to check on the order. There are so many fake companies out there today I was just worried. If I had a phone number to contact someone I wouldn't of been so concerned. I was contacted today and everything was fine after that until couple hours ago I get email. Is there anyway to work this out?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back