Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the PLS-50 Elite II Nano Protein skimmer in my 50gal AIO and its a beast of a skimmer. Fits in a 3.5inch chamber.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a quick and dirty sketch of a top down view with baffles to turn this into a proper sump. Someone with CAD skills can render this. One other thing that should be added is a notch at the top of the “flow through” baffle to allow equipment cords to pass through.
ED835C0A-202E-46B2-A105-5467D0F6906A.jpeg
This is beautiful, but yes how to access sock/mediarack.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tenecor Aquariums have y'all ever produced a square lowboy lagoon with a center overflow? Always wanted to create a clam/longspine urchin lagoon with banggai cardinals and a center "volcano" with mangroves around the overflow.
Yes. We have. We have built just about anything you can imagine. two months ago, we built a 48x48x20 turtle tank with a beach. A nice 240 gallon corner pentagon is going through this week. Love those big pentagons. I will post build pics.

Lochekey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am game to do some cad renderings for the pedastal sump if everyone can agree on the designs.

@Bret , your proposed drawing has the sump at 21" total length. This means it will be about 10" past the tank, just me but I do not think this will be aesthetically pleasing as it is almost twice as long as the tank.

I agree with @Tenecor Aquariums that the inclusion of a filter cup/sock as currently proposed will not be feasible when buried under the tank. I might be able to design an alternate that puts it in a more easily accessible place but will have to play with it.

Like I said I am up for doing some drawings. Probably wont be able to do them till Thursday night or Friday morning but if you can all hash out requirements by then I can work on a design.

What would be helpful for my drawing is a list of required components and overall acceptable dimensions. Then also a list of nice-to-have features that I can try to incorporate if I can make them fit.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tenecor Aquariums have y'all ever produced a square lowboy lagoon with a center overflow? Always wanted to create a clam/longspine urchin lagoon with banggai cardinals and a center "volcano" with mangroves around the overflow.
Here is the link to 11 low boy DIY’s. Our team is working on updating the entire website with new configuration tools. Like you see on car company websites. VERY large selection of options. Truly excessive custom. And built fast. Usually in 24 hours for DIY Kits. We are talking hundreds of options just for frag and desktops. Oh, and very well priced.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am game to do some cad renderings for the pedastal sump if everyone can agree on the designs.

@Bret , your proposed drawing has the sump at 21" total length. This means it will be about 10" past the tank, just me but I do not think this will be aesthetically pleasing as it is almost twice as long as the tank.

I agree with @Tenecor Aquariums that the inclusion of a filter cup/sock as currently proposed will not be feasible when buried under the tank. I might be able to design an alternate that puts it in a more easily accessible place but will have to play with it.

Like I said I am up for doing some drawings. Probably wont be able to do them till Thursday night or Friday morning but if you can all hash out requirements by then I can work on a design.

What would be helpful for my drawing is a list of required components and overall acceptable dimensions. Then also a list of nice-to-have features that I can try to incorporate if I can make them fit.
I have plans for your design. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One of the second shift guys is going to try and build a mock-up this evening. No promises. Let’s see how busy they are.

Lochekey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plans for your design. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I need to get some more work done on this. Your comment the other day about standardizing parts for future use got me to thinking about how I could design the sump to be easily altered to account for the larger capacity DIY sumps and still keep many of the components for use. As such, I have been reworking things to make it more adaptable for multiple use case scenarios.

It also doesn't help that I am working on sketches for my stand build for this tank. I made a trip to Lowes today and found a nice 5/4"x24"x48" edge glued panel on sale that is going to serve as my top and shelve for my stand once I cut it down and route some edges on it.

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with lighting suggestions for this? I plan on probably mostly soft and some LPS but would also like the option for SPS at some point. TIA

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/4 inch nominal. .236 actual. Or we can go to 3/8 inch. at only 12 inch high, bowing should not be a problem, especially since the high shelf is very shallow.

I was just curious, IM used to have a drop off tank out of acrylic and they got a lot of complaints about bowing. It was however 17 inches tall on the tall drop end... 11 tall on the short end... 15 wide and 20 long.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just curious, IM used to have a drop off tank out of acrylic and they got a lot of complaints about bowing. It was however 17 inches tall on the tall drop end... 11 tall on the short end... 15 wide and 20 long.
I don't know anything about that company other than they buy from China. Never heard bad things about them. Bad design happens. I'm sure they fixed it

Lochekey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with lighting suggestions for this? I plan on probably mostly soft and some LPS but would also like the option for SPS at some point. TIA
I think I'm going to give this one a try.

Been wanting to try these over my 4 foot tank so figure this little one would be a good way to see if I like the light spectrum.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my FedEx delivery!! So excited about this frag tank, and then saw the sump for it!! Just ordered.
THEN I saw the new drop off desktop that is coming... Y'all are going to get me shot! My husband is going to really flip with all the new aquariums coming in here.

By the way, I didn't get any instructions in my box... But I did get stickers and that cute plaque.
The instructions download link should been sent to you at checkout. Please email [email protected] and they will send you a copy. All the best.

TwinReefMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the link to 11 low boy DIY’s. Our team is working on updating the entire website with new configuration tools. Like you see on car company websites. VERY large selection of options. Truly excessive custom. And built fast. Usually in 24 hours for DIY Kits. We are talking hundreds of options just for frag and desktops. Oh, and very well priced.
What's the lead time on the retail DIY kits? We're itching to get a low boy:grinning-face-with-sweat:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know anything about that company other than they buy from China. Never heard bad things about them. Bad design happens. I'm sure they fixed it

Yes, they switched to glass which fixed it lol

I was just curious, I don't know anything about acrylic thickness.

Glad to see you bringing back a drop off tank.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they switched to glass which fixed it lol

I was just curious, I don't know anything about acrylic thickness.

Glad to see you bringing back a drop off tank.
We don't build them. Not at this small at least. Too much labor. Diy is a perfect solution for this tank. Most of our tanks are 185 plus. Many north of 300.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't build them. Not at this small at least. Too much labor. Diy is a perfect solution for this tank. Most of our tanks are 185 plus. Many north of 300.

I like the DIY aspect, something I have not really seen before for tanks.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back