OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have started a new build and video series, in the All in one section; but fear not! Plan to continue with the Redsea reefer 250...

I purchased this Evo 13.5 gallon AIO with plans to convert it into a lean mean sps growing machine!

Here are my unboxing and first impressions of the system

Stay tuned for more!

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - get your votes in for this month’s Picture of the month competition... my cleaner shrimp pic (#2) is running in second position!

3e414538f439e17d61487fd05d7ef8b3.jpg

Your support would be highly appreciated!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/june-2018-potm-voting-poll-shrimp.415253/

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 month update
Alk swings because: weaning tank off of kalk / switched to ESV 2 part / forgot to replenish 2 part dosing container for a few days / forgot to adjust dosing while on vacation. Had a weird calcium spike because of bum test kit. Two acropora are really unhappy.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He did the video below on his apex settings for the mp10’s

Ok here is a vid on flow in my tank

Working on a couple of mega vids...
2 year recap (if the tank doesn’t crash over the next week that is... fingers crossed )

And
2 years of sps growth pseudo time lapse [emoji119][emoji851]

grassy_noel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're Amro_Azul! I found you, totally by accident. Been loving your youtube channel, I'm still watching back episodes of the saga of this tank. Sorry about the ups and downs, but it seems to be doing well now!

I'm going through some GHA right now and trying not to cause a dino or cyano outbreak by killing it. You make it sound like it just kinda went away in your system. Did you do anything special to eliminate it?

Thanks!

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think 2 mp10 is enough flow for your tank? I've been debating on switching over to mp40's

I think so, you can get to the 50x then over rate with the pumps running at about 80%. I really like them. I would like to add a few more on the back. That way I can run everything a bit lower and shift the flow a bit more. But overall, very Happy with mp10s.

Now I’ve also been intrigued by the gyres, but didn’t want to switch - why mess with what works ?

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're Amro_Azul! I found you, totally by accident. Been loving your youtube channel, I'm still watching back episodes of the saga of this tank. Sorry about the ups and downs, but it seems to be doing well now!

I'm going through some GHA right now and trying not to cause a dino or cyano outbreak by killing it. You make it sound like it just kinda went away in your system. Did you do anything special to eliminate it?

Thanks!

Hard to say... I did add a tang and I have two tuxedo urchins and lots of trochus snails. Post Dino bloom. I think they are doing a good job of removing gha. I also see that I get some gha growing on pumps and fuge, so I think that gha is certainly growing in my system, but that herbivores keep it in check in the display.

Another idea is that my rock work is mostly either covered with coral or coraline so there isn’t a lot of space for gha to grow... this is something that will obviously differ between a new tank and an old tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back