OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're Amro_Azul! I found you, totally by accident. Been loving your youtube channel, I'm still watching back episodes of the saga of this tank. Sorry about the ups and downs, but it seems to be doing well now!

I'm going through some GHA right now and trying not to cause a dino or cyano outbreak by killing it. You make it sound like it just kinda went away in your system. Did you do anything special to eliminate it?

Thanks!

Glad you like the YouTube channel by the way!

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, I have another one in QT... hope he makes it. It’s a flasher wrasse
Curious as to why live aquaria has the leopard list as expert only? It is a absolutely beautiful fish that I think would be a great addition, but are they that hard to keep?

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to why live aquaria has the leopard list as expert only? It is a absolutely beautiful fish that I think would be a great addition, but are they that hard to keep?

They can be finicky at first. But once they take to pellets and frozen, they are pretty hardy. They have small mouths that can be injured easily during shipping... I have been 5 / 8 on leopards; 2 died in first week of QT, one just hid for a month or so and then died. The other 5 took to frozen food almost immediately and then dry food within a week or so.

You’ll need sand for them, lots of pods will only make things easier for them

grassy_noel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you like the YouTube channel by the way!
Love the channel, super informative and looking at your tank just makes me drool!

I'd like to have a tang, but my tank is a nano, so it's out of the question. I added a tailspot blenny who picks at the algae, but he's just too small to make a big dent. I've thought about a tuxedo or pincushion urchin, but I've heard they eat coralline algae and make a mess of the tank. Has that been your experience?

I've also considered "renting" a sea hare. My LFS has them for like $15 and said I could bring it back after it's eaten all my algae, but before it starves. Maybe I should give that a try...

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the channel, super informative and looking at your tank just makes me drool!

I'd like to have a tang, but my tank is a nano, so it's out of the question. I added a tailspot blenny who picks at the algae, but he's just too small to make a big dent. I've thought about a tuxedo or pincushion urchin, but I've heard they eat coralline algae and make a mess of the tank. Has that been your experience?

I've also considered "renting" a sea hare. My LFS has them for like $15 and said I could bring it back after it's eaten all my algae, but before it starves. Maybe I should give that a try...

Can’t speak for other urchins, but my 2 tuxedo urchins are model citizen - always munching. I see them eat algae off the glass and rocks. If they eat coralline, then they are certainly not impacting it in any meaningful way - my coralline is increase, not decreasing.

Hares do a great job but would quickly starve in nano. Mexican turbo snails are great for GHA... Emerald crabs will also eat some of they are sufficiently motivated. Algae blenny is a good option also

His old is the tank, by the way? If new, then GHA blooms are expected,

grassy_noel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's time for an update!

Things are going well P... the two sps colonies are recovering nicely.
One small update to the equipment - I was tired of refilling my voss 375 ml dosing containers every other week, was going to get something custom but was pleasantly surprised to see that kamoer makes 2L dosing container that fit in my existing shelf. They come with a float switch installed. I got a couple and 2L will last me 3 month! Sweet

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are going well P... the two sps colonies are recovering nicely.
One small update to the equipment - I was tired of refilling my voss 375 ml dosing containers every other week, was going to get something custom but was pleasantly surprised to see that kamoer makes 2L dosing container that fit in my existing shelf. They come with a float switch installed. I got a couple and 2L will last me 3 month! Sweet

Pictures?

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic mind the crazy wires... I have room for two additional 2L containers in the future. I like that they can be easily taken out for refilling
913584c9dc6f65ab40240f87ec30615c.jpg

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic mind the crazy wires... I have room for two additional 2L containers in the future. I like that they can be easily taken out for refilling
I like the tall narrow design. Float switch Empty Sensor is a real bonus.

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27 month update vid.
New flasher wrasse added, kamoer doing containers, and thoughts about expanding my ato reservoir.
Finally, starting an experiment on Redsea reefer coral colors trace element dosing.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back