Terrible brown jelly outbreak

ReefDreamz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
398
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is going through a really rough bacterial infection. It started with an octospawn brown jellying seemingly overnight 4 weeks ago. Since then I've lost a splatter hammer, a heliofungia, another frogspawn, my HG torch, my malasian HG torch, and most recently my magic carpet mushrooms. Many $1000's in coral losses. I've also lost single heads of other torch colonies which I had to frag off. Just noticed another dead head on a large torch colony this morning. I've been pulling affected corals and doing KFC dips as best I can. I already did the 0.125 mg/L cipro in tank treatment (3 doses over 6 days) twice. I'm already running and have been running UV and ozone. My SPS are unaffected, my manual testing and ICP tests are spot on so I don't think it's parameter related, definetly bacterial. I'm about to start the experimental KFC in tank treatment but very nervous doing this as it's very high doses of 3 antibiotics and I don't want to hurt my SPS or fish. I don't want to make a bad situation worse. Please give me some success stories of guys who've done the KFC in tank treatment.

20240115_123557.jpg
 
What size is your tank? What dose of ciprofloaxin did you use?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new