Test kits

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is red sea a good brand to go with for my test kit? All its missing is a phosphate test. A already use api for the basics. The red sea also comes with supplements for each test.

Screenshot_20200520-183136_Chrome.jpg

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people go with Red Sea or salifert. I had api at first and it would be off by a lot. Then I switched to Red Sea marine care test kit and reef foundation pro. Want to pick up a Hanna ulr.

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly buying all of the Hanna Checker's that I can. My eyes can't be trusted with the color charts. The Hanna Checkers are awesome and worth every penny! So far I have the Phosphate ULR, dKH alkalinity, and the pHEP with temperature probe.

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea thats the best way cause they are expensive lol. But I'll go with the red sea and probably get the red sea for the basics too. Even tho api hasn't failed me yet. Tank doing good so far.

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly buying all of the Hanna Checker's that I can. My eyes can't be trusted with the color charts. The Hanna Checkers are awesome and worth every penny! So far I have the Phosphate ULR, dKH alkalinity, and the pHEP with temperature probe.
Can I ask what you use to store your probe in. Received mine the other day and I’m just looking into how best to store it after use. They recommend a piece of sponge but not sure how long this method would last.

thanks

DaAznGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t go wrong with the redsea no3/pho4 kit. Their other kits like ca/alk/mag are great too. Very precise dropper bottles and smooth syringes. Definitely quality products. I’m also a fan if Salifert.

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask what you use to store your probe in. Received mine the other day and I’m just looking into how best to store it after use. They recommend a piece of sponge but not sure how long this method would last.

thanks
I have just been putting a little distilled water in the cap. The instructions are really vague.

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally received the test kits. Read the directions tried to following the instructions. Ran into a problem where when I tested the calcium and magnesium. When mixing the water with the drops i was getting the end color(dark blue) right away. With out adding the titrant. Any one get what im saying? Again new to reefing. And also be safe people crazy times.

DaAznGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many times did you try. Can you give us a detailed breakdown of your steps

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following the directions on this card plus the written directions. And as you can see the two colors. Start and en. Soon as I've done steps 1-5 I'm instantly getting the end color. I'm going to try again today and do the KH.

20200602_132235.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back