Test results Whats good? Whats bad?

poseidonreefs_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this machine is called the Waterlink. All my local fish stores have it. I would like for someone to help me unpack this ans tell me what is too high, and what is too low. What is just right. I have a full softie tank
Some of these numbers they divide to get the actual ppm. Like alkalinity i believe they defide by 17. Here is the results and a chart from the waterlink page thank you!
A1E8A768-976F-4B9C-B54B-99FEA59F4A41.jpeg
8CF351CB-95F0-4D3A-8C69-7F2D34D96443.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a suggestion, as you've made other similar posts: research the specific corals you have/want and learn about "what's good/what's bad" for each. Then you can decide what new pieces to add and what, if any, changes you need to make to your tank.

*Regular water changes and general maintenance will go a LONG way to helping your parameters be "good".

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed. Research is your friend, and "what phosphate/nitrate/etc for a soft coral reef tank" is a pretty basic question that you should be able to find some answers to online.

AFHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally your numbers look good with some minor caveats.

Alkalinity is in ppm and 227 is around 12.6 dKH which is on the high end of acceptable. For softies phosphate should be no problem at .2 but more demanding coral could be unhappy.

That’s a pretty nifty machine, which my LFS had that. Assuming it’s accurate and reliable.

OP
OP
poseidonreefs_

poseidonreefs_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Alkalinity is in ppm and 227 is around 12.6 dKH which is on the high end of acceptable. For softies phosphate should be no problem at .2 but more demanding coral could be unhappy.

That’s a pretty nifty machine, which my LFS had that. Assuming it’s accurate and reliable.
Down here in miami, every LFS has this.

OP
OP
poseidonreefs_

poseidonreefs_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nitrates are too high at 15 you think?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates are too high at 15 you think?

No. Especially not an issue for softies.

Phosphate on that machine is not very accurate btw, the rest should be fine tho. Again, higher phosphate isn't really an issue anyways for soft coral.

How does the coral/tank look?

OP
OP
poseidonreefs_

poseidonreefs_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has their own opinion but no, not for me. My tank seems to do best when I keep them a hair below 10. I’m sure they would be fine at 15 too, mine just never gets that high.

When my nitrates get too low some of my corals fade.
All my zoas seem pretty ticked at these parakm
No. Especially not an issue for softies.

Phosphate on that machine is not very accurate btw, the rest should be fine tho. Again, higher phosphate isn't really an issue anyways for soft coral.

How does the coral/tank look?
Tanks okay but ive been testing more cause theres something off in my tank, the zoas seem to be a bit ticked had some melt on me which is weird and why ive been testing. I never really test just keep my same dosing, feed heavily and 10% water change weekly.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my zoas seem pretty ticked at these parakm

Tanks okay but ive been testing more cause theres something off in my tank, the zoas seem to be a bit ticked had some melt on me which is weird and why ive been testing. I never really test just keep my same dosing, feed heavily and 10% water change weekly.

what are you dosing that you are not testing? You should not dose without testing.

My nutrients are MUCH higher and my zoas look great!

OP
OP
poseidonreefs_

poseidonreefs_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you dosing that you are not testing? You should not dose without testing.

My nutrients are MUCH higher and my zoas look great!
Possible my mag might be a bit high? They seemed ticked. I threw in a bit of mag i dont even know why about 2 water changes ago. For some odd reason i decided to be a dummy snd throw a bit in. Maybe 15 ml’s. Should have my nutrients higher thats for sure.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible my mag might be a bit high? They seemed ticked. I threw in a bit of mag i dont even know why about 2 water changes ago. For some odd reason i decided to be a dummy snd throw a bit in. Maybe 15 ml’s. Should have my nutrients higher thats for sure.

why is the alk so high? Do you dose 2 part without testing often?

1386 is fine.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have you dipped and checked the zoas for pests? There is a zoa eating "spider" that likes to snack on em.

Possible a fish is picking at them?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back