Testers needed! NEW custom aquarium design app

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody! I'm SO PUMPED to finally get to post about this app. I'm in need of testers for a new app that's been in the works since the fall of 2017. It's called Aquarium Plan AR (http://aquariumplan.com) and its mission is to help you design and plan your next aquarium! It was created to solve three key issues all aquarists face.
  1. Will my new tank fit in my room?
  2. Does the placement of my aquarium work with my furnishes?
  3. Can I convince my family to let me start an(other) aquarium :-D

See it in action here:

iPhone only for now, but if all goes well it will be coming to Android shortly after. Part of the reason for this is that Augmented Reality support for Android devices is a bit spotty.

As you all know, aquariums are expensive to ship, laborious to install, and once they are filled with water they do not move. It is CRITICAL that we have every tool possible to make sure we avoid any potential headaches. When I was starting as an early reefer, I used cardboard to make mockups of my future tanks and try them around the room. As that progressed I used Photoshop to fake the look. It was fun but it took a ton of time and if I wanted to see another size or angle that meant more hours spent.

Aquarium PlannAR (see what I did there) allows you to quickly and easily create an aquarium of any dimensions, add a stand of any height, fill it with some fake-looking aquascape (version 1.0 crudeness) and place it in your room using the magic of augmented reality.

THE FUTURE! More features are coming in the future to allow you to even better plan your tanks. Like, awesome awesome features. As with my other aquatic apps, I update them often as feedback is provided. I needed this app as much as you guys do, so I'll continue to work on it until it's perfect-ish.

Please help me test by:
Signing up as a beta tester on the website! http://aquariumplan.com/
Then post your results here. Hopefully, there aren't too many hitchhikers or pests to get rid of.

Last edited:

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A4BF8A07-2F0D-452E-9905-4DCFA4C432F1.jpeg AF7B3E2D-171A-44EE-827F-56D1C17460F8.jpeg
I use your Camera app and took this pictures of my tank with my iPhone 6. Also took a short video and looks good.

Thanks

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry posted above to the wrong thread. ;Bucktooth

Beta invites just went out! Check your emails and or your TestFlight app for the update.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing there already have test fight on my iPhone as I test a lot of app’s [emoji3]

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Count me in !! I have 4 tanks !!

50cube2.png
360dd.png

93 cube5.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back