Testing or no testing?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps it’s turning invisible, like the other 23 fish I can’t see.
I can count at least 12 fish in the picture. I really hate to see posts like this. We’ve all broken the rules at some point, but this is just careless. We are, at the end of the day, talking about animal husbandry, and this is just irresponsible. He may end up not having any problems, but the risk is high enough that it’s borderline unethical. People really need to remove their egos from the equation when it comes to keeping reef tanks. Just because you can maybe get away with something doesn’t mean you should. Animal welfare and risk/harm reduction should be top priorities.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jealousy pal
Ricky Gervais Laughing GIF
Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

OP
OP
S

smabbott94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I can’t exactly line the fish up for a group photo can I? They tend to move but if you’ve managed to get them on a lead or trained them to sit patiently for a photo I applaud you bud

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smabbott
I know where you're coming from I really do. Since you are staying around I can tell its not trolling but I have something legit to introduce to you:

todays reefing isn't like decades ago where the healthiest specimens from a pet store survive when brought home, its no longer like that.

everyone pretty much with a new reef tank gets massive disease loss by month 8, that's a while out. there's nothing we can celebrate this soon.

instead of being just my opinion, I'd ask since we took the time to legit read your thread that you read this forum link below for 30 mins and answer these two legit questions:

-what are the % chances you will not endure massive disease loss by month 8, its the going pattern we can see? you can see the rate of posts there, daily, new, the age of tank details from each entrant. You can pop in and ask questions...what is keeping your tank from following suit

-whats the specific game plan you have beyond just adding the fish and waiting to prevent the predicted disease loss?

this isn't like freshwater where the healthiest specimens do just fine in the home tank, that part isn't debatable

folks here want to see legit science and or forethought on your part not just the assemblage.

your remarks and plans on the top two questions above totally shape my perspective on your reef.

even if you didn't have a plan when you showed up, in 30 mins of seeing those stickies and posts there you can ad lib one/soothe the crowd

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for example you might state: Ill feed garlic.

that's at least a plan, lots of bottled potions opt for that option. strong rumors persist it helps

however
not anyone there above is using it for patterned work so we'd redirect back to the forum :) just heading off possible diversions. we wouldn't choose a commercial ad description for a product as the way to treat disease

ideally we'd pick a method that comes from patterns you can link and inspect using reef tanks with fish. more than ten or so, a true pattern set. on cursory view we can see 500 examples of qt and fallow outcomes there above, for patterning.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back