Texas Newbie

Seek&Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I recently just bought a 150g tank with 40g sump from someone local who is moving. Tank came stocked with Powdered blue tang, hippo tang, clownfish, diamond goby, & a fox face. Also a few crabs as CUC. Completely new to saltwater. I have had fish tanks. My last tank I tore down a few years ago when I moved. That was a 36g bow tank. I ran high lights, co2 injection, dirt substrate, planted freshwater.

I love this type of hobby and in my freshwater tank, loved the plants more than the fish . Come to realize these saltwater fish are amazing and have tons of personality.

I enjoy growing anything and have always wanted to get into corals. As of now I do not have the lights capable of running corals and am just going to get a hang of managing these parameters and fish. But soon enough. Like I’ve seen/heard so many times already in this forum and YouTube videos “nothing good happens fast in a reef aquarium”.

Any advice is welcome

Top pic is my sw tank. Bottom was my planted fw from a few years ago
56955621-FFDA-49BD-B9A1-A7EE591AAFBD.jpeg 19F7A0AE-48BC-4898-A1FA-3291292B462C.png

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I recently just bought a 150g tank with 40g sump from someone local who is moving. Tank came stocked with Powdered blue tang, hippo tang, clownfish, diamond goby, & a fox face. Also a few crabs as CUC. Completely new to saltwater. I have had fish tanks. My last tank I tore down a few years ago when I moved. That was a 36g bow tank. I ran high lights, co2 injection, dirt substrate, planted freshwater.

I love this type of hobby and in my freshwater tank, loved the plants more than the fish . Come to realize these saltwater fish are amazing and have tons of personality.

I enjoy growing anything and have always wanted to get into corals. As of now I do not have the lights capable of running corals and am just going to get a hang of managing these parameters and fish. But soon enough. Like I’ve seen/heard so many times already in this forum and YouTube videos “nothing good happens fast in a reef aquarium”.

Any advice is welcome

Top pic is my sw tank. Bottom was my planted fw from a few years ago
56955621-FFDA-49BD-B9A1-A7EE591AAFBD.jpeg 19F7A0AE-48BC-4898-A1FA-3291292B462C.png
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

OP
OP
Seek&Reef

Seek&Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Texas! My first piece of advise is to have a backup plan for when and if they turn off the power grid again! :cool:
Hahaha I have already started planning around that. Last year during "snowmageddon" we never lost power. I was one of the lucky ones.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back