Thanks for being here

Goldrush3003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After many years out of fishkeeping (always freshwater), my 17 year old stated she wanted a tank. Browsing through local ads I found a 55 gal freshwater set up for sale. After a few days the joy of the hobby resurfaced. Local ads again, this time for six tanks including a 125 gallon. After setting most up for various freshwater tanks, I noticed that many of the accessories with the 125 were for a marine tank. I had zero experience, but knew a solid reef tank was incomparable to any freshwater setup (in my opinion). But, isn't it hard? Expensive? Time to start researching.

After much research. I am now the proud owner of a 125 gallon, fairly new, reef tank. My current setup includes dry rock, live sand, 2 clowns, 1 sailfin tang, 4 green chromis and a CUC. We have passed the ugly phase and have some soft coral frags starting to grow.

While I have just recently joined, like many others this forum has been a trove of wisdom for me. Thanks for helping educate me. I am sure the future will hold many other questions for you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After many years out of fishkeeping (always freshwater), my 17 year old stated she wanted a tank. Browsing through local ads I found a 55 gal freshwater set up for sale. After a few days the joy of the hobby resurfaced. Local ads again, this time for six tanks including a 125 gallon. After setting most up for various freshwater tanks, I noticed that many of the accessories with the 125 were for a marine tank. I had zero experience, but knew a solid reef tank was incomparable to any freshwater setup (in my opinion). But, isn't it hard? Expensive? Time to start researching.

After much research. I am now the proud owner of a 125 gallon, fairly new, reef tank. My current setup includes dry rock, live sand, 2 clowns, 1 sailfin tang, 4 green chromis and a CUC. We have passed the ugly phase and have some soft coral frags starting to grow.

While I have just recently joined, like many others this forum has been a trove of wisdom for me. Thanks for helping educate me. I am sure the future will hold many other questions for you.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to the Dark Side...

Welcome.jpg

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Da Reef!

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is both hard and expensive. But it doesn't have to be--we just make it so :)

Back