That one coral

Do you have that one coral you love but cant keep alive?

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much that I have a coral I love but can't keep alive, as much as a coral I love but can't get to grow past one head. Going on 10 months, and my frogspawn (as well as both my hammers) won't grow any additional heads. Even my Bowerbanki that I just put in my tank in October is already showing signs of growing new heads, and the two acros I added at the same time as the bowerbanki are also showing signs of new geowth. But my euphyllia? "Nah, we are cool being all fat and happy single heads".
Try a new spot. I've had a blasto, frogspawn, and hammer all respond very well to moves to new spots. Be it more shaded, more open, less/more flow etc. Hammer I had stayed at 4 heads for a year, moved to a new spot and its growing much better now. Sometimes we just need a change of scenery.

For me it is ricordea. I had a yuma that just slowly withered away. Now I have a Ric Florida that has just done nothing for a few months now. Almost melted, but I seem to have got it back to a healthy polyp, but nothing more yet. Just can't find a good spot for them in my tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back