Joshky

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful shots

Thank you! :)

Looks great.... im super curious how long have you had the Magnificent Sea Anemone? My understanding they are practically impossible to keep in a home system... super impressed.

I've had it for two years now, they generally come in sick and need to be treated with a full course of cipro. Once they're established for a while they become pretty hardy ime.

Thanks!

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! :)

I've had it for two years now, they generally come in sick and need to be treated with a full course of cipro. Once they're established for a while they become pretty hardy ime.

Thanks!
Very nice..... im not ready that just yet.. this gives me hope. Always wanted to Ritteri

OP
OP
Joshky

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Joshky

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
210894-caribsea-sand-dry-fiji-pink.jpg

I'm currently in the process of removing the larger sand/crushed coral that I had to use due to having SPS and high flow in a shallow tank, it's been something I've absolutely hated for a long time and has been by far the biggest regret of mine with having a shallow tank. I'll be replacing it with CaribSea Fiji Pink Aragonite, it's such a lovely sand and I truly believe the softer foreground of having small sand granules will really compliment the tank better. I'll be removing a few cups of sand a day, mostly focusing on getting the larger granules/crushed coral out; once I feel like I've removed most of the larger pieces, I'll start replacing it with the Fiji Pink Aragonite.

And here's an obligatory picture of the tank. This piece was looking super fuzzy tonight so I decided to get the camera out and try to get some photos of the tank, but this is the only one that turned out decent and the lights were switching over to actinics on me. :( I wanted to have a few more to post, but alas.... hopefully more photos soon, especially a FTS when I get the sand swapped out!

29354878748_0ab6beea04_o.png

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following for the soffties, but I also love that anemone, it's beautiful. How do you like the dimensions of your tank?

Merry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the starry blennie! I really wanted one but just have two Biocubes, one 29 & the other a 32... I had heard they can pick at corals, have you experienced that with yours? Beautiful tank, thanks so much for sharing.

OP
OP
Joshky

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following for the soffties, but I also love that anemone, it's beautiful. How do you like the dimensions of your tank?
Oh, forgot to ask you, is that all TBS rock?

I'm not a fan of how shallow it is, I'd be a lot happier at 20" tall, otherwise I love the footprint.

All TBS rock, I have more in the sump.

Love the starry blennie! I really wanted one but just have two Biocubes, one 29 & the other a 32... I had heard they can pick at corals, have you experienced that with yours? Beautiful tank, thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks. :) I'd say it's a similar issue to tangs nipping, if they aren't getting what they need nutritionally they'll explore other avenues. I've not had any issues personally.

OP
OP
Joshky

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note, my clownfish spawned for the first time that I've seen last Saturday (7/7/18), sadly it's on the back side of the rock in an awkward place that I can't photograph without disturbing things. First pair I've ever had spawn, even my old platinum clowns that I gave to my brother seemingly haven't spawned (as far as we know anyways).

DumpInTheSump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the spawning, and your tank looks great! How much sand and rock did you go with by the way?

OP
OP
Joshky

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the spawning, and your tank looks great! How much sand and rock did you go with by the way?

I purchased their 29g package which comes with 58lbs of live rock and 29 lbs of sand. I added more dry sand as well (special grade I believe?), however I do not recall the amount, maybe another 20lbs.

DumpInTheSump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, just getting a feel for how much I'll be using and how much tank it'll take up.

OP
OP
Joshky

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, just getting a feel for how much I'll be using and how much tank it'll take up.

Just to give you an idea though, I estimate probably 30lbs in the DT, if that... more in my sump, and one large rock has been removed from the system altogether. I use matrix in my sump to replace the live rock.

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome...softies are underappreciated for sure! That leather is leather is awesome and have always appreciated the Mag!

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good man! sorry to hear about the sticks that crashed on you. Glad to see that awesome Mag nem though!

Did you get rid of your white tail bristletooth?

krak256

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same tank and would love to see updates!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back