blaxsun

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have two dwarf angels, but my favorite has to be the Midnight. Completely jet black. He blends in effortlessly against the back of the tank and can be quite stealthy when he wants to, hence his name - “Stealth”. Other than his fondness for acans, he’s proven to be a welcome addition to the reef - and gets along great with everything. He’s put several aggressive fish in place with his “no f*cks given” attitude. Incredibly tough as well - having survived a bout of both ich and velvet.

Sleepingtiger

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Euphillia and SPS are great with those angels. Stay away from all open brains and zoo's. Emps can sometimes start nipping at SPS polyps when they get large, no issues for me as a juvenile
fish 3-8-20.jpg
do chalice count as open brains?

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

alton

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
do chalice count as open brains?
Not really an open brain but open tissue that some angels love to eat just like Acans. Something that maybe got left out is all angels are not the same. One Regal maybe great with everything, but another may eat everything. If you add an angel you are taking your chances. Angels are not the only fish that can eat coral, I sold a purple tang once back to a fish store because they had a special client that wanted it. The tang ate or killed $200 worth of coral before they could get it back out of the tank.

Sleepingtiger

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Not really an open brain but open tissue that some angels love to eat just like Acans. Something that maybe got left out is all angels are not the same. One Regal maybe great with everything, but another may eat everything. If you add an angel you are taking your chances. Angels are not the only fish that can eat coral, I sold a purple tang once back to a fish store because they had a special client that wanted it. The tang ate or killed $200 worth of coral before they could get it back out of the tank.
Yeah... i kinda knew that. I will stick to euphilia and sps. Probably stay away from a emperator. Stick with angels that are known to be "safer" like regals, majestic and asfur.

Maxout

Sleepingtiger

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
maybe some dwarf angels?

Between emperors and asfur, those two are my favorite. However, I am hearing so many horror stories from emperors... I might just avoid it all together. My dream tank to is to have, regals, asfur, emp, personifer, blueface and scribbled. However, with the emp, I can't keep any of the other angels.

watdachuck

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
I have seen many successful multi-angel tanks with Emperors. It does usually seem to be the case that the Juvenile Emperor is added last. I think dwarf angels are more prone to nipping as the larger angels seem to seek more meaty foods, and nori.

Fritz

Brian’sBrain

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I love captive bred angels! Especially the Venusta and Multibars. :)
Looking into a captive Venusta myself to add to a mixed reef. I’ve always really been drawn to one. Do their coral nipping traits differ from wild ones? I know it’s not really a yes or no answer, but am curious if you or other noticed a possible difference in behavior

i cant think

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a male M. melanospilos and honestly, I can’t tell if I like him or not. Although he is a pretty fish, his pattern died with no female and I don’t have the room for a female since the tank is filled with wrasse (It gets its last few fish in around December this year and maybe March next year)
I’ll get pictures of my male tomorrow since at the moment my lights are off for the night

TSM Aquatics

What would you buy RIGHT NOW if you found an AMAZING deal on it?

• Equipment

Votes: 371 52.1%
  • Dry Goods

Votes: 19 2.7%
  • Fish

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • Coral

Votes: 183 25.7%
  • Other Livestock

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 51 7.2%