The Angel Lovers Thread

stevepaynr84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know if anyone can help me with this but I'm wondering if my blue face angel is OK. Last 2 days he's started behaving very strangely amd just hiding in his cave and sort of shivering, he'll come out for food but doesn't seem to be out for anything else which is unusual for him. Water reads the same as ever and nothing has been added recently. I've had him for about a year. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience of this?
IMG-20170403-WA0008.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know if anyone can help me with this but I'm wondering if my blue face angel is OK. Last 2 days he's started behaving very strangely amd just hiding in his cave and sort of shivering, he'll come out for food but doesn't seem to be out for anything else which is unusual for him. Water reads the same as ever and nothing has been added recently. I've had him for about a year. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience of this?
IMG-20170403-WA0008.jpg
Any tankmates that may be bullying or dominating him? Any recent, disruptive activity in or around the tank? Any new additions to the tank? Is it hidden within the cave, avoiding light, or just near the cave for a quick retreat?

stevepaynr84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tankmates that may be bullying or dominating him? Any recent, disruptive activity in or around the tank? Any new additions to the tank? Is it hidden within the cave, avoiding light, or just near the cave for a quick retreat?

No nothing new at all and he's the most dominant thing in there by a LONG way and yeah he's hiding right in his cave

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No nothing new at all and he's the most dominant thing in there by a LONG way and yeah he's hiding right in his cave
Avoiding light is often a symptom of marine velvet, in some cases, being an early indicator before other symptoms appear.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered and I know all angels are hit or miss...I badly want to add a lemon peel angel to my 75 gal mixed reef. Are lemon peel angels any worse than others as far as nipping at corals? I don't mind feeding heavily :) It would be the only angelfish in the tank. Thanks, Cindy

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, lemon peels are known to nip. I'm sure there are those that have better luck but I'm sure they're few.

Kdean71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone suggested rods for my coral beauty. I noticed they had different types of food.. what kind do you think would be best to feed.

Back