The Angel Lovers Thread

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new Flagfin just went into QT for observation. Still being a little camera shy...
5678885f0a4f4ddc608ebf6d392d8ff4.jpg

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c08d82f57800516c72ffffbe2a2070b5.jpg
c21dfaa0089a8392a82dae18184817f2.jpg
gotta love them gold flakes. I got a pair along with a Juvie emperor, flame angel, Red Sea swallowtail and soon to be a pair of Bellus angels and a majestic.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c08d82f57800516c72ffffbe2a2070b5.jpg
c21dfaa0089a8392a82dae18184817f2.jpg
gotta love them gold flakes. I got a pair along with a Juvie emperor, flame angel, Red Sea swallowtail and soon to be a pair of Bellus angels and a majestic.

Looks like a huge tank. How big is it?

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a 180g tank but it's a non traditional 60x30x22 footprint. I want to have more than 1 dwarf angel in my tank but 3 just feels like it may be too much. Is keeping a pair just asking for trouble and having 3 will give me a much better chance for success?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that with sufficient places to hide, you could almost certainly pull that off - or even a "harem" of 2 females and one male. I have a flame and a coral beauty in a 65 gallon, and aside from short chases, so-far-so-good.

~Bruce

ramasezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.. just a quick question.. I got a very young emperor angel today.. all of 2 inches... tomorrow I'm getting 2 lamarcks angels (lyre tail angels). both female at 3 inches.. can I put them all together for acclimation and quarantine in the same 55 gallon tank measuring 36X18X18..

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.. just a quick question.. I got a very young emperor angel today.. all of 2 inches... tomorrow I'm getting 2 lamarcks angels (lyre tail angels). both female at 3 inches.. can I put them all together for acclimation and quarantine in the same 55 gallon tank measuring 36X18X18..

I think that you are going to have to watch them and see how they do together. I've always felt that it is not possible to predict what fish will do in new surroundings. I've tried two dwarf angels (flame and rusty) in my 240g. The Rusty was first and was the most docile fish. I added the flame and all hell broke loose. The Rusty chased the new addition constantly for hours. I ended up taking it out. Later, I tried a Lamarks and the Rusty totally ignored it.

In tight quarters (QT), my guess is that things would not work out with three angels, but that is pure speculation.

ramasezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that you are going to have to watch them and see how they do together. I've always felt that it is not possible to predict what fish will do in new surroundings. I've tried two dwarf angels (flame and rusty) in my 240g. The Rusty was first and was the most docile fish. I added the flame and all hell broke loose. The Rusty chased the new addition constantly for hours. I ended up taking it out. Later, I tried a Lamarks and the Rusty totally ignored it.

In tight quarters (QT), my guess is that things would not work out with three angels, but that is pure speculation.
Thank you for the first hand experience.. so I have a 10 gallon as well that's empty, can I keep the emperor in there since it is so small.. or will it be too cramped for it.. I didn't think that route because maintaining water params for any length of time is a little more difficult...
Or I keep all three in the 55 with no medication but plenty of rocks for hiding.. if there are no skirmishes then begin the QT regimen..
Any advice in either of the above..

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the first hand experience.. so I have a 10 gallon as well that's empty, can I keep the emperor in there since it is so small.. or will it be too cramped for it.. I didn't think that route because maintaining water params for any length of time is a little more difficult...
Or I keep all three in the 55 with no medication but plenty of rocks for hiding.. if there are no skirmishes then begin the QT regimen..
Any advice in either of the above..

At 2 inches in size I would say you definitely can keep the emperor in the 10 gallon and that alleviates the stress that could be put on it if all hell did break loose. You will just have to be very diligent with the water parameters. I would have bio Spira or Dr. Tim's on hand to dose whatever small HOB filter you plan on using in the tank and for your other qt as well if it's not fully established.

ramasezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 2 inches in size I would say you definitely can keep the emperor in the 10 gallon and that alleviates the stress that could be put on it if all hell did break loose. You will just have to be very diligent with the water parameters. I would have bio Spira or Dr. Tim's on hand to dose whatever small HOB filter you plan on using in the tank and for your other qt as well if it's not fully established.
The bigger of the QTs is established.. I will use some of the same water to do up the smaller one and replace the water in the bigger one.. HOBs and tip filters I have lying around.. I keep a couple extra on hand.. for bacteria I have a European product that's made by a company named Waterlife and the product is Bacterlife.. that's what I've used in my 225 g DT and the already set QT.. right so that settles it for me... fingers crossed and touche... thank you once again.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for more angel pics! :D

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any Dwarf Angels in the same tank with Ricordea? I'm looking at having several Rico's but would love to have one of the dwarfs in my 60g cube.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a coral beauty and a flame in a 65 with Ricordea florida and R. yuma. The flame has been known to nip at some corals, but the rics aren't among them, and the coral beauty is the proverbial "model citizen".

~Bruce

Back