The Angel Lovers Thread

NC2WA

Angelfish Whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I initially set up my 400 gallon tank in 2007, I successfully kept 5 large angels together. The key (for me) to not have them nip your corals is heavy feeding. 4 to 6X a day.

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cherub with his favorite scoly :)
AF69EDC1-3CBD-4998-9E0C-BE5EF63084DE.jpeg

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh my. How often you need to feed scoly to keep it happy? You must be taking advantage of scoly sales. :p
I got it for $60 last year, I feed it three times a week give or take. It’s gotten really good and busting out the feeding tentacles when I feed the rest of the tank so it’s super easy to just pop some food in there. I love watching him eat :)

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it for $60 last year, I feed it three times a week give or take. It’s gotten really good and busting out the feeding tentacles when I feed the rest of the tank so it’s super easy to just pop some food in there. I love watching him eat :)
Sorry I meant to ask you how often you feed scoly to the angelfish :p

AllieBdot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this as a general discussion as well but maybe you all can be more helpful: I introduced a lemon peel angel fish to my DT 4 or 5 days ago after observation at both the LFS and a stint in quarantine. The the QT is small and empty with just a couple hiding spots. While a little skittish when we approached the tank he was always activly swimming around. He didn't have the biggest appetite he would eat when we offered food twice a day- he prefered flakes and blood worms over mysis or brine. Now that he's in the DT he spends most of his day hiding in the rock work but swims through occasionally. He hasn't come out for meal time though and I'm concerned that he isn't eating. Any suggestions on favorite treats for angels I can offer him to get that appetite going?

IMG_20200728_135629.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry if this has been ask before but can one keep and emp. and queen together in a 8' tank close to 400 gal system?
thinking out load here.

on the same note think I could get away with 3 dwarfs Cb, flame & eibli

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back