The best Battery backup.

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I’m looking for the best battery backup that’s out there because I’m in a power outage hot zone!!!!! And I know this summer there’s going to be a lot of them with this heat!!! I’m looking for a backup that could run 3 power heads, a return pump, and maybe a fan and heater. It’s just the basics but it still worries me. Any suggestions would be fantastic and I honestly don’t have a price limit.

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered a Westinghouse generator. With the extreme heat we are experiencing, it may only be a matter of time before we start having blackouts.
See that’s just the thing I have lots of generators but the problem is I’m not home most of the day so I would have to roll it out fill it with gas pray it will start then use a extension cord to try to plug it in to the entire mess of wires and that’s only if it starts. I’m looking for something that will come on immediately after power lose that’s already plugged into my tank.

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have major power outages but when it rains I do get a flicker her and there. Power goes out then immediately back on. I'm going to get a battery backup for my return pump. That's it.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you own and have the coin to set it up, generac with auto switching panel is the cadillac of setups.

Im cheap and live in a mult unit dwelling so 2kw whisper honda is the ultimate backup for me. I also have a larger 5kw Harbor freight that does the job (its LOUD).

Diy 24v batt setup, then 2kw truck inverter is the first line of defense.

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you own and have the coin to set it up, generac with auto switching panel is the cadillac of setups.

Im cheap and live in a mult unit dwelling so 2kw whisper honda is the ultimate backup for me. I also have a larger 5kw Harbor freight that does the job (its LOUD).

Diy 24v batt setup, then 2kw truck inverter is the first line of defense.
Well the thing is I’m not looking for generators because I have one built into my house but the problem is it’s not bigger enough to cover the entire house and that was a very expensive unit that I’m not replacing. All I’m looking for is a battery backup that plugs into an outlet then I plug my pumps and such into the battery backup.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the thing is I’m not looking for generators because I have one built into my house but the problem is it’s not bigger enough to cover the entire house and that was a very expensive unit that I’m not replacing. All I’m looking for is a battery backup that plugs into an outlet then I plug my pumps and such into the battery backup.
You have plenty of options. You can use an APC style backup, icecap, ecotech, etc... Its about how much you want to spend and what you think is important to power? Battery backups either give you lots of time with little available wattage or lots of wattage and little available time.

Since you have an home backup generator, Id be trying to find about 500 watts from it to power the basics. Thats just me tho.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back