The Club

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's start a new post here and see if we can get enough interest to get the club moving. I still believe people are interested and getting together but what the club needs people interested and willing to commit some time to make that happen. As I see it here are some of the problems that we face.

1. We have a fractured audience. Reef2reef has a very limited audience right now with many people using Facebook groups to communicate. Unfortunately Facebook is not an ideal place to run a club as you have very little control on how things are organized, but it's great for connecting because it's ubiquitous.

2. With a limited number of members you just can't support Statewide meetings. Hartford, New Haven, Fairfield are the counties with the greatest density of potential members and we should have meetings in each one of those. I believe these meetings could be held at local fish stores or even connect with some of the local Marine Science programs. But in order for that to happen somebody in that area has to put it together. If someone can put the first meeting together we will get a sense of whether there is enough interest to get things going. So my question here is who is willing to do that?

3. The club needs people willing to pitch in with the overall operation and concept of how the club moves forward. That's the job of the board of directors. Without people volunteering for the board it's just not going to happen. Right now the board is mostly about giving your input and working on a path forward for the club. It doesn't have to consume a lot of time, a monthly virtual meeting to get things going. I personally would like to see the board larger and just president, vice president, secretary, treasurer. I would like to include members who are willing to organize an individual event as in number two above. I believe in order for the club to sustain itself it needs people who are familiar without the club is organized and we run so that when someone drops out of the b o d there is someone able to fill that position.

If we can do these things we will have a much better idea of where the club stands today and in the future.

Max Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I started working for Max Reef in Bridgeport CT a couple months ago. I run the marketing and sales. We can offer a space for the meetings or an event at our store. As well as discount programs for club members. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help with this. If your local-ish you can stop in or if not just dm me.
Happy Holidays Everybody

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back