The CUC lovers thread!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
1722625508937.jpeg

money cowrie with mantle partially pulled over shell.
 
These are the most successful CUC in my tank

download.jpeg download (1).jpeg download (2).jpeg
I just got a razor scraper over the weekend to get rid of some tough film algae. It has worked great so far!
 
I just got a razor scraper over the weekend to get rid of some tough film algae. It has worked great so far!
I use a Gillette Mach10 for the really tough stubble.
 
These are the most successful CUC in my tank

download.jpeg download (1).jpeg download (2).jpeg
I'd get a bottle trap or something for those. When you let them stay too long, they start messing up your corals and other livestock.
 
Willy's stuck between a rock n a hard place... :face-with-rolling-eyes: ;)

20240820_005627.jpg
 
Alright guys, CUC for GHA?...Help!

Turn Around No GIF by Sesame Street
 
Do you have high nutrients? Get those down first!
The only high thing is Nitrate, which has been in the 50s since April. I've seen some algae bloom slowly start over the last six weeks, but we were out of town for eight days and came home to an abundance of GHA. The fish, corals, and anemone seem unbothered right now, but we're going out of town again in a few weeks, and I'd like to try to get it somewhat under control before we go.
 
The only high thing is Nitrate, which has been in the 50s since April. I've seen some algae bloom slowly start over the last six weeks, but we were out of town for eight days and came home to an abundance of GHA. The fish, corals, and anemone seem unbothered right now, but we're going out of town again in a few weeks, and I'd like to try to get it somewhat under control before we go.
Yup that'll cause GHA to grow abundantly. Try a sea hare (maybe not the best option if you're leaving soon as they starve rather quickly), trochus or turbos are probably your best option at the moment.
 
Love this thread, what a great idea.

I've got a month old 90 gal with a pretty solid film of algae currently being tended to by:
6 Nassarius Snails
6 Astrea Snails
24 - (4, 6? at least a few have met their demise) Hermits

Would love to get a fighting conch at some point --- how long does one wait before getting one?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new