The Custom hand painted stand under the old Fluval Evo 13.5

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend named Chris that has been in the freshwater side of the hobby for some time now and one day he tells me that he is interested in getting into the saltwater side of things so as a fellow reef keeper willing to help "like we always do" I decided to give him a Fluval Evo 13.5 that I was no longer using and he decided to go all out on the stand that the tank will be sitting on.

As you can see he is very artistic and took this stand to a whole new level. When he told me he was going to paint the stand I had no idea this is what he was talking about. I was amazed as he was sending me pictures to show me what he was creating. When he was done I had to ask him if he would ever think about doing that for others in the hobby and he seemed to be interested in doing so.

I myself think its amazing and would like to know what you all think as well. I'm thinking there may be a place for him here in the R2R community.

Pic1.jpg Pic2.jpg Pic3.jpg Pic4.jpg

OP
OP
LiveWire

LiveWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice of you to give him the tank - love the paintings, looks amazing !
Thank you @iambes! We all tend to help out anyone that is in or getting into the hobby. That's one thing that makes this hobby so great.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand looks amazing! I think tour friend has a bright future in reefing artistry. Looks like a lot of work though.

OP
OP
LiveWire

LiveWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Auquanut! I am hoping that he may want to paint some wall art as well. You can never have enough wall are in the fish room.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back