The cyano eater

babajuju

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2023
Messages
40
Reaction score
21
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to present my lovely urchin friend who likes to eat cyano and clean my frags :)
Except he’s not eating the majority of the green algae. I’ve got nassarius and one margarita. What should I get to focus on green algae? 5 gallon that’s about 2 months old.

3B658100-5FE6-4997-82D8-526C96B21E5E.jpeg C6C51698-EFCE-4FBB-AFDB-3AA9766DEEDE.jpeg
 
Turbo snails are a great addition
I won’t have the urchin in the tank for much longer. I guess I’ll add a turbo and I take the urchin back. I’m just afraid of the turbo moving stuff around and crawling over coral. Idk if that’s something I need to worry about though, only two months into the hobby.
 
I won’t have the urchin in the tank for much longer. I guess I’ll add a turbo and I take the urchin back. I’m just afraid of the turbo moving stuff around and crawling over coral. Idk if that’s something I need to worry about though, only two months into the hobby.
why are you losing the urchin? great invert to keep
 
they amazing grazers and glass cleaners. Side note, they will devour your Coraline algae if you have any.
I noticed it doing that to my acan frag that had coralline. I might have to keep it then haha. I thought coralline is good for ur tank though. I didn’t know they cleaned glass?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new